r e v e l a t i o n

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Right, right, brother," (Y/N) corrected herself, ". . . You're not my father." After the initial mishap, her words seemed stupid. Why did I think he was my dad? If she was honest, the dude in front of her looked about the same age as Aizawa-sensei.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," her alleged brother said, "I'm not that old."

(Y/N) exhaled through her nose, showing that she acknowledged his joke but it wasn't that funny that she was going to laugh.

"What about my — our parents?" She asked, "You must know about them, right?"

"Of course I do," he replied, "I'm not sure if you're ready to hear it, though."

"Hit me with your worst. I've never wanted to know more than I do right now."

The man in front of her — Chiba-sensei, her alleged brother — sighed heavily and then looked around the room. "You might probably want to sit down."

Not seeing a chair anywhere in sight, (Y/N) went behind the counter and opened the door to where she used to hang out with Izuku and Bakugo. Everything in the room was just as she remembered, even thought she hadn't touched this place in months.

It was the same room where they'd play video games and drink tea together when she first met them. A long time had passed since then and the memory made her nostalgic.

There's just something special about the way you treat someone when you're first getting to know them.

"This is a nice place," Chiba-sensei, or maybe just Chiba, whistled as he pointed at the security camera footage that allowed them to see what's going on in the shop, "Smart too."

"Thanks," (Y/N) replied, making some tea for both of them, "I used to hang out here with my friends before school started."

He nodded and sat down, not even hesitating a bit before starting the story.

"I heard that you encountered the vine lady during the USJ incident," he said, "Did she tell you anything?"

"Yeah, she said something about a Harold." (Y/N) didn't know how she was able to conjure up the memory this quickly but she did, and she was proud of herself for that.

"Herald, actually," her brother said, shattering her pride, "I don't know how you confused that with a meme-y name but that's how life works I guess. Herald is kind of a harbringer or an omen, a sign that something is about to happen."

"That's cool but why do I need to know this?"

"It was our mother's name," he said, which caused (Y/N) to almost burn her tongue with the tea, "She liked the enchanted message behind it."