Chapter 3

Inside of the security office Matthew sat at the desk as Eric and Samantha looked at the various security camera screens.

"All of the security cameras are computer controlled. The only ones who have the password to get inside are I, Dr. Ford and the security guard on watch."

"What time does Jimmy patrol the area?"

"About 3:30."

"Forwarding."

Matthew sped up the feed running thru the feedback finding Jimmy dead on the floor and the casket empty.

"My God," Samantha said startled.

"Looks like someone knew what they were doing by hacking into the system and reversed the footage."

Eric looked to Samantha seeing the defeated look on her face.

"I will do everything I can to find out what happened last night, Miss Ford."

"It's alright. You can call me Sam and thank you," she said, smiling faintly.

From his radio clipped to his belt he heard loud fuzz and an officer speak up.

"Dead body found in alley on Third. Send backup."

"I have to go."

Eric drove himself to the morgue where the dead body of the homeless man and Jimmy was waiting and being examined by the head coroner, Jack Taylor.

Eric walked in seeing Jack standing in front of the homeless man.

"Eric, you give me two bodies in one day."

"What can you make out?" Eric asked.

"Essentially? His life has been drained out. Testosterone. Platlids. Blood. All gone."

"All of his bloods been completely drained?"

"Yup, clean as a whistle."

Eric turned his head pointing to the security guard from the museum.

"What about him?"

Jack lifted the white sheet to uncover his head and neck.

"Ah, he's a different story, he replied. "His larynx was crushed but there was something left behind. You see the marks on his neck almost like they were made by a set of hands? It's mold."

"Mold?"

"Yeah. Whoever killed him had incredible strength."

"Yeah....do you have a time of death?"

"Around 3 in the morning."

"That fits with the timeline. Okay, keep up the good work, Jack."

"Will do."

Eric walked back out pondering the case. He knew that no homicide was ever cut and dry; however, this was a totally different animal.

Hours later the elevator doors opened slowly where a small thud could be heard and out Alexander walked down the darkened hallway past the double swinging doors to the morgue room. He approached one of the black body bags gently unzipping it to find the homeless man and looked down on him.

"Just as I thought. They have no idea what they are dealing with."

At that moment Jack walked back inside seeing Alexander hovering over the body.

"Hey?!" Who are you? You aren't supposed to be here!"

Alexander jerked his head around discovering he had been found and ran past him as Jack pursued him escaping into the elevators.