Chapter 18 - serendipity

Start from the beginning

" so?" She asked pushing me to speak. " Romeo I'm not gonna leave until you talk to me so might as well get it over with!" She added. I sighed. " I'm scared " I muttered my voice barely audible. " what?" Asked not getting it. " I'm scared " I say louder. Her face softens as she takes in my words. " I'm afraid that being with her is gonna cost her her innocence." I say. " I just think that I should end things with her. Maybe make a new identity for her and take her far away" I add on." I understand you're trying to protect her " she says softly. " but I don't think that's your decision to make " she adds on. I raise my head giving her a glare. " what I mean is , you can't control Mila. She joined this gang knowing how dangerous it was. And  If she wants to be with you then she wants to be with you! You can't just get frustrated and scared because of a minor setback" she explains. " minor setback?" I question. " there's nothing minor about this! He wants her!!" I raise my voice. " An-n..d it's my fault" my voice breaks. Her face goes blank. " then so be it! You can't change who you are and what you did! If you want to make change the situation get up off your ass and figure your sh!t out! Cause times ticking..." she lectures me right before getting up to leave the room.

Mila's POV :

" minor setback? " he sounded like he was questioning someone" there's nothing minor about this! He wants her" I've never heard so much emotion in his voice when he raised his voice. " An-n..d it's my fault " his voice saddening.

..

When I woke up I was drenched in sweat. When I looked to my side I didn't see him. I assumed that he had gone out on business.

I hoped out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. When I wake up frightened I like to have cool showers to calm myself down.

When I came out the shower I came out looking like a wet dog. I grabbed one of Romeo's light blue dress shirt and buttoned it up. I decided to go down stairs to grab a glass of water.

When I walked through the hall I heard their voices. They were soft. I could make out Ella's voice but not the other persons voice. The sound so angelic like I , so much emotion. " I'm gonna call it a night , you should get some sleep Romeo! I'll come back here and help you later today." [ I mean it would make sense that it's him since they're in his office....] She said just before leaving the room , once she noticed me she smiled and walked over to me. " take care of him , ok?" She said. I nodded. "Now go in and talk to him " she added on. I smiled and walked past her.

Once I entered the room and I saw him sitting there with his head in his hands. I immediately closed the door and ran over to him. He didn't even notice me walk in until I got closer. " hi , baby. What are you doing awake? And wet?" He asked. " I got up to voices and was all sweaty so I needed to calm down a bit." I replied." Oh my princess , come here " he toldp me softly. I walked over and sat on his lap he sat up straighter in the chair and smiled looking at me. " what?" I ask shyly." You're so pretty " he replied. He placed soft kisses in the nape of my neck. I couldn't help but giggle at his behaviour. " what were you guys talking about?" I asked pulling away. When we made eye contact his face went blank and he shifted under me. " just business" he replied looking at the desk. " I heard Romeo " I said. " hmm " he hummed.

I decided to get off his lap and take a seat at the edge of his desk where there would be space between us so I could see his face better but that only made him come closer to me. He laid his head on my bare thighs and wrapped his big hands around my waist. " don't leave me ok." He whispered. My eyes instantly look down at his face that's when I noticed that my thighs were getting wet from the tears that were leaving his eyes.

I didn't even know what was happening. " ok " I reply. Once his grip got stronger on my hips I knew something was wrong. his sobs were noticeable now. I had to do something.

So I got up and sat on his lap. I held his face in my hands. When his ready eyes met mine I offered a smile but instead of smiling back his eyes dropped down.

I leaned in and pressed soft kisses all over his cheeks where his tears were streaming down " what are you doing?" He sniffles. " making the tears go away" I mumble. I keep kissing his red face until I hear a chuckle. " you're such a beautiful man! " I say wrapping my arms around his neck and placing my palms loosely on his back. " let's go to bed?" I ask. He nods his head  and gets up holding me by my waist.

Once we made it to our room he closed the door and climbed in bed with me. I could feel my eyes starting to get heavy within seconds of just laying in his arm. " Mila... you are incredible!" He started. I seemed so tired that I could even open my mouth , so I just listened. " you showed up out of nowhere ... just when I needed you! I found someone that I didn't think I could find! Someone I don't deserve! You're smart , beautiful, kind , generous and you're very obedient... sometimes" he chuckled sadly at the last part. " but I just don't know what to do! I'm not normally emotional and it's embarrassing for me. So bare with me! I won't be nice for long but Mila baby you're everything to me , and I'll do anything and everything to keep you safe." He finished.

I slowly  dozed off into a deep sleep." Hmm , go to sleep! Thank you baby " I mumbled. He chuckled while softly passing his hand through my hair. " ok " he mumbled. He kissed my shoulder then spooned me from behind. His big warm body engulfing me.

Who knew my life was so interesting.  I was a wanted woman and even I knew that Romeo couldn't save me from what was coming!

————————————————

What do you guys think is going to happen in the next chapter. Comment down below with a guess if you'd like! Don't forget , if you'd like to get to know me comment down below and I'll put a fun fact in each chapter .
——————-—————————-

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please vote⭐️ and leave a comment❤️.

And thank you for reading 📖😊.