'Mark?' I looked up into the face of my teacher while straightening my glasses yet again. 'Are you feeling well, dearest?' She asked and I nodded once.

She nodded looking unconvinced before walking away. I was about to turn back to Jaela when something at the back of my class caught me eyes.

I turned around slowly and found myself stuck on it. Coming down from the ceiling, running like water, was a shadowy black mist.

I felt my mind go blank, already messed up from math and Jaela's brown hair strands, this was too much to handle.

What was happening?

I turned around and faced forward where my teacher was acting normal, completely oblivious to the dangers creeping forward. JJ was sitting right behind me and I found myself turning back to face him.

'Do you see that?' I asked and he turned around to look in the direction I was pointing.

'See what?' JJ asked when he turned back to face me and I couldn't believe him.

'That black thing right there. It's almost on the ground coming from the ceiling.' I pointed toward the wall and he turned again before turning back to face me, laughing.

'Very funny, Mark. Almost had me fooled.' He said shaking his head before focusing back on our teacher.

I tried to do the same, pay attention to the teacher, but Jaela was looking at me so I mouthed the words 'I'm fine'. She nodded alike my teacher before facing front too, totally unconvinced.

I looked over at the clock which said that it was ten minutes before two o'clock. Sighing, I wrote down the questions spread across the board before again glancing back at the wall.

The mist had covered everything and everyone at the back of the class, turning it to solid black, and JJ was just about to be engulfed too. He grinned at me and I looked up to see that it was nearly above me.

Knowing that it was growing had me on edge. I raised my hand up while the beads of sweat were only half way down my back.

'Bathroom!' I shouted quickly when I noticed my teacher wasn't noticing me.

My entire class, or rather what was left of them since I sat near the middle, laughed aloud as if this was all funny but it wasn't comical in anyway.

Ms Annie nodded once in my direction, her face full of concern, and I nearly jumped over my desk with joy. I raced to the wooden door and glanced back once to see JJ completely gone, swallowed up along with the back of my seat.

Good bye, I thought before slipping out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

'Mark!' Kyle grabbed my shoulder as I spun around while jumping from the surprise.

'Why is everything sneaking up behind me?' I questioned with my heart beating in my throat and he laughed nervously.

'You saw it too?' He looked down at me with the same concern that Jaela and the teacher had. I nodded at him before noticing that Dante, Josh and Jonny were also there.

'You okay?' Josh asked and I nodded pushing up my glasses, thinking of how much of a habit this was. Does everyone with glasses have to continuously push them back into place?

'Let's leave.' Dante said and we all looked at him.

'Why are you always such a coward?' Kyle asked but it was clear that he had been about to suggest the exact same thing since his voice didn't sound opposing.

'It's not being a coward.' Josh beat Dante to the answer. 'It's called being smart.'

Dante nodded at Josh and Kyle. 'Yeah. I'm smart.' Dante said pointing toward himself. 'Who runs toward the creepy black thing? Towards the danger? Nobody but them crazy people on TV, Kyle. We gotta run the other way, man. Right now!'

The Lady In White | **COMPLETED**जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें