Maya reached out and took the small bottle of pain killers before looking at Harley confused. The boy saw her confused look and shrugged, "Your father asked me to get them for you."

Maya blinked before looking past Harley and at Tony who was muttering to himself as he worked on the Iron Man suit. So he did care about her, even if it was only a little bit.

The girl smiled softly before looking back up at Harley. "Thanks," she said. Harley smiled back, "You're welcome."

- - -

By the time Tony was ready to head in to town, he was practically going crazy. Maya had been a little hesitant around Harley at first, but after five minutes of being with each other, the two kids were practically best friends.

The pain killers had helped to ease a lot of Maya's pain, so she was back to her normal self which only made things worse apparently. The kids' laughter was loud and they had started playing a game that they liked to call 'Who Can Annoy Tony First' which made Tony wish that Maya was still hesitant and skeptical around the boy.

Harley and Maya chuckled to themselves as they whispered something back and forth. Maya whispered something in Harley's ear and he glanced over at Tony before letting out a loud laugh. Maya was quick to put a hand over his mouth to quiet his laughter, but Tony had already heard it.

The billionaire let out a sigh of annoyance before putting the tools down. "You know what, I think it's time we head into town," Tony said. Maya and Harley's eyes lit up. "Finally," Maya muttered in relief while Harley chuckled.

The two kids were on their feet in no time and Tony grabbed the coat Harley had gotten for him before he walked out the door. Together, the three made their way towards town and it was only when they were walking down Main Street that Tony spoke up.

"The sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do," Tony said. "By the way, when you said your sister had a watch, I was kinda hoping for something a little more dope than that."

Tony pulled his sleeve back and gestured towards the watch on his wrist that had the face of Dora in the background. "What are you talking about? Dora is dope," Maya argued as she gave her father a teasing smile.

"Maya's right. Besides, she's six! Anyway, it's limited edition," Harley said. A small silence fell among the three before Harley asked, "When can we talk about New York?"

Maya instantly tensed which both Tony and Harley noticed. "Maybe never," Tony replied as he watched his daughter carefully, "relax about it." "Never sounds like a good idea," Maya whispered.

"What about The Avengers, can you talk about them?" Harley asked. Maya relaxed slightly at the mention of her family, even smiling as she thought of Steve, Thor, Liv, Bruce, Emily, Clint, and Natasha.

"I don't know, later," Tony said as they walked down an alley and into a corner where a blast much like the one that had harmed Happy had occurred. "Hey kid, give me and Maya a little space."

Maya rolled her eyes at her father. "Dad, he's fine," Maya told him. She then looked at Harley and gave him a small smile. "You're fine. Don't listen to him. Someone's just being cranky."

"I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that," Tony said, his eyes on the space in front of him that had small memorials set up for each of the victims. "What's the official story here? What happened?"