"Ok," I said, sounding defeated.

"That's my girl." He nodded his head, completely unzipping his pants and releasing his length from his boxers. I winced, but he only smiled wider.

"I need more room," I said.

"Of course." He scooted himself back, giving me more room to kneel before him and do the task he was asking of me. "Don't go too fast. I want to really savor those sweet lips."

"I won't," I promised, coming out more as a whisper.

I hunch forward, acting as though I was on my way down. But faster than I had descended, I sprang back to a straight position. Hoisting my foot up, I joined my shoe to his flaccid member with a hard kick that sent him flying. Not far, sadly. I didn't mind that the blow didn't have him on his ass, but rather stumbling in to the nearby wall. I saw my chance of liberation and I clutched for it, hurrying up the stairs and right in my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and locked the door, violently shaking the whole time. With the last ounce of strength in me, I skirted my dresser to the left so that it was closing off my door. The hinges shook under Jared's powerful punches, screaming at me to open the door.

I dialed for the police. They asked for me to stay in the line until the cops arrived. "I will, I will," I said to the operator. "Wait, you're already here?" I asked in response to the sound of screeching tires in the front yard. I ran to my window, dumbfounded that it wasn't a wailing police cruiser in my driver way but Dakota's black mustang.

He had said he was coming around after his visit to the local community college, but I had hoped it wasn't so soon. Jared's relentless pounding hadn't stopped. I threw open the window and yelled, "Don't come in! Someone's in here with a knife! Don't come inside. I called the cops."

It was as though Dakota had taken what I said as only a light suggestion and nothing more. Because just as I had said that, he went to the front porch and I cried out when the door shut. He was coming inside.

"No, no, no," I muttered, rushing to push away the dresser. I wasn't fast enough. I could hear the fight ensuing downstairs. Something shattered as they tossed together, shoving each other in to walls. I didn't see it, but the noises painted the picture for me as I struggled to get out of my room. The silence stopped me. It happened so quick. Things were so loud before, but quietness was the only sound greeting me from beyond the thick walls. I didn't move. I wasn't sure who had won, who had lost, and if I should be scared about opening the door.

The solemn nature of footsteps coming up to the second level left me chilled with goosebumps. "Silvia," the voice on the other side said, "Silvia, it's me."

A wave of relief washed through me, unlocking the door to see Dakota with tousled hair and a cut running from his forearm to his wrist. I leaped in to his arms, making sure to not bother the visible wound. The blade had grazed his skin, slicing the surface level. "I didn't think you would go in," I huffed, "You should've stayed outside, Dakota. Look at you."

"I'll heal. It isn't deep. What about you? I'm more worried about what's happened to you," he admitted, scanning my body to see if had any cuts. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, not this time."

"I was scared I didn't make it on time."

"You...you knew about him being here?"

"Your mom called me."

"My what?" I boomed. "How did she even get your number?"

"I was wondering the same thing," he said, bringing out his phone. "She said she got tipped off by Jared herself that he was going to stop by at your house. Since she was in San Diego, that's probably why he did it. He knew she was too far to stop it from happening herself."