»27. #icanteven«

Dakota's P.O.V.

Everything I had done prior to this was leading me to this moment. Having her forgive me was the only thing that motivated me. Restlessly, I had tried to talk to her, and clearly my attempts did not go unnoticed. She was undoubtedly going to take me back. Life rarely handed out second chances, but I had been given this one. I didn't want to take it for granted.

Ronnie had told me that if I ever got the chance that I need to tell Silvia everything I didn't before. That I should do what I didn't do before. Being unable to talk about how I felt with Silvia was something that ticked her off. Miscommunication and lack of openness was the cause of our relationship's demise and I didn't want it to break us again. If I was going to do better in this relationship, I needed to be honest.

Today was going to be the first test on honesty. If I couldn't convince Silvia that I cared about her, then this would be the last time I'd see her. Though I had sleepless nights, wishing for just one last night with her, I knew that it wasn't true. I didn't want one night. I wanted every single night for the rest of our lives and then some.

But by the way her hands were roaming, I wasn't sure if we'd get much talking done.

Silvia's hands racked the back of my shirt, digging her nails against the thin fabric. Lips locked and hands clawing at my clothes, I lowered her body on to the bed. Reeling back, I let my eyes dance over her body as she peeled off her shirt and discarded it to the floor. I held her attention the entire time, not breaking eye contact.

Leaning back on her elbows, she peered up at me with an enticing glimmer in her eyes. "Are you going to take your shirt off or do you want help?"

"I could do it myself. But what's the fun in that?" I hovered my body over hers, decimating the proximity between us. Electricity charged the air the closer we got, feeding me with each passing second. Her lips met my jawline and made a path of kiss that trailed down my neck. She sat back and looked at me, grinning.

Using my left hand, I brushed the strands of hair away from her cheek, returning the smile. "I think I missed that smile as much as I missed you."

Silvia sucked a sharp breath, backpedaled and shimmed up from under me. She cursed to herself and drifted away from the bed. What had I done wrong? Was it something I did?

What she said next raised more questions. It was so low that I almost missed it, but I was able to catch it as it left her lips. "I can't do this if you keep saying stuff like that."

I came to a pause. Dumbstruck, I strained my neck forward. "Okay, I won't say sappy shit like that again."

Hooking my finger with the belt loop of her jeans, I tugged her back toward the bed and on top of me. We were chest to chest. Her untied hair fell around us like a veil, concealing us from the dark night outside these walls. Tucking her hair behind her ear, I rekindled our kiss from earlier.

I broke the kiss for a brief moment, gazing into her eyes. "I love you, doll."

"I love y..." she trailed off.

Silvia stiffened against my body. When I reached for her, she shrugged me off and moved to the edge of the bed. She hurried to put her shirt back on. "Don't say that."

What did I just walk into? This didn't resemble the person I knew. She was extremely sensitive and far more aggressive over the smallest things.

"What am I doing wrong? I thought you liked it when I call you doll."

"No, it's not about that," she spat. "That-you know what? Forget it. Can you just leave? I want this room for myself."

Burying my face into my hands, I let out a sigh I was holding in for a while. Hopefully it would help redirect my blood to the right places and not in my dick.