»1. better off«

Thank you so much to hannahwestwood1232 for making the lovely fan-art above for both Dismissing Dakota and Disarming Dakota! :D

RECAP OF WHAT LAST HAPPENED:

-Silvia and Dakota are broken up. On the last day of school, there was a video that showed Dakota (or a lookalike) making out with Carmen. Pierson was the one that caused this. He did this Segg prank so Silvia would run to him and so Dakota can be completely out of the picture. The prank against Silvia hasn't happened yet. Finn (Ronnie's Ex Boyfriend) was going to stop Silvia's prank from happening if Silvia got him back with Ronnie. Silvia refused to get them back together. Pierson tells Hunter that Finn has a huge prank for Silvia because she refused this deal.

Dakota's P.O.V.

HOURS BEFORE THE PARTY

It's my birthday and all I want is Silvia back.

Much of me knows that it's next to impossible for her to come back. In the silence of my own mind during the first few moments after I left Pierson's the other that day, I realize a few things. Most of those things revolved around how fucking stupid I felt for even going there. But one of the most crucial notes I made was in regards of what I had said to Silvia.

Or what I didn't say.

I was a far better liar than Silvia, and sometimes, I almost tricked myself into believing what I said. This time though, there was an utmost certainty in my voice when I told her I wasn't involved in this. Despite what I said, she still rushed in to Pierson's arms as if he was the only one she could trust.

There was nothing else I could do, but I walked back to my car and drove myself back to Boulder Valley with my pride and spirit dragging on the floor all the way home. She had her mind made up. Before, I used to find her stubbornness admirable--at times. But it was never to this extent. If I could only have a moment of her undivided attention, then I could change her mind.

Time was all I ever asked for, yet time was everything she feared. Silvia had a deep yearning to find answers to everything. She wanted to know about her parents past, about my sister's past, about my past. She dug so deep into the past that she forgot to live in the moment. I knew if she didn't stop herself now, she'd only be the cause of her own damnation. Somethings are just better unsaid.

The drive back to Dion's apartment was draining, to say the least. Partly because of how exhausted I was from my lack of sleep. It was the late nights and pestering thoughts that stole my peace. It corrupted my sleep with memories of Silvia, too real to be ignored.

And it wasn't like I was thinking back on our last moments as a couple. It was small details about her that would keep me up all night. Like the way she scrunched up her nose right before she would disagree with me about something, and how she muttered numbers and random things under her breath to relax her--not aware that I could hear her-or the fact that she refused to have pickles or mustard on her food at fast-food restaurants, but would ask for extra mayo. It was almost as if my mind was trying it's hardest to remember the Silvia I knew because that would be the closest I'd ever get to her.