Champion: who will it be?

Start from the beginning

Extending Nyoi-bô, Y/N launched himself with great speed towards Pyrrha who was taken by surprised by this. He delivered a knee to her chin, making her lose contact with the floor. He then quickly moved to catch her legs with both of his arms and, using his full strength, he spun before throwing his opponent away.

Pyrrha stuck her spear onto the ground to slow herself in order to remain on the ring. Not missing a beat, she turned Miló into a rifle then fired. Y/N twirled his staff to block incoming attacks. Pyrrha focused while still shooting, using her semblance, she slightly shifted the staff's position so the monkey boy would get hit by a bullet. Y/N sensed it but couldn't do anything fast enough.

(Y/N): "(Wha-!? This far!?)" He was impressed by her power's reach.

He had been shot several times before he managed to roll out of the way. He ran, dodging the bullets. Y/N then shot the ground to create a small dust cloud to use it to his advantage.

Nyoi-bô then emerged out of the cloud, extending towards Pyrrha who blocked with her shield. However, the rod had been thrusted forward and kept growing, steadily pushing the scarlet warrior to the edge of the arena. Pyrrha had to plant her feet and use her semblance to stop Nyoi-bô, which Y/N found impressive.

He resorted to another course of action. If he couldn't push her out of the fighting ground, he would send her flying out of it.

The monkey faunus retracted his weapon before swinging it horizontally (while still extended). Pyrrha raised her shield and was about to plant her feet onto the floor once again but she soon realized it wouldn't help her so she jumped over the pole. It almost made a full 360 degree turn, then Y/N moved his bô upward before swinging it downward with great force, cracking the ground as Pyrrha dodged.

Y/N shrank his weapon until it disappeared in the cloud of dust where he was located. Suddenly exitting the cloud, the monkey faunus hurled his tonfas at his opponent, shocking the latter. The scarlet fighter blocked the first one and dodged the second one while the boy was dashing to her. The second tonfa went out of the fighting area.

The faunus threw a straight jab that was intercepted by Pyrrha's shield. She spun to strike the back of her opponent's head but Y/N used his tail to grab Pyrrha's hand, making her lose the momentum. He then turned to trip her up while pulling her arm with his tail, throwing her to the ground. However, she rolled to land safely.

Y/N rushed and threw a powerful sidestep-kick that launched the red-head on the floor. She then rolled backward to avoid the monkey boy's fist which punched through the ground. Standing up, Pyrrha was about to use her weapon when the faunus kicked her hand out of the way before delivering a strong kick to her chin. Y/N then landed an upward blow to her gut, knocking the wind out of her.

He stopped to give her the time to recover. When Pyrrha glanced to him, she noticed he no longer had that smile of his. He was serious.

Pyrrha: "Why did you stop?" She asked, trying to catch her breath.

The only answer was a shrug as his eyes told her to hurry. He was jumping on the spot, waiting.

Recomposing herself, the scarlet fighter assumed a fighting stance. Her opponent did one last spot jumping before taking his own stance.

Pyrrha: "(He is really good at hand-to-hand combat.)" She thought.

She couldn't use her semblance on him like earlier which proved to be problematic and, although she was a great fighter without it, she had to admit that Y/N was surpassing her.

Pyrrha: "(He...isn't moving...? I guess I will have to make the first move.)"

The red-head attacked but the faunus easily deflected the weapon and punched her several times then he struck the side of her knee with a side kick. Y/N leaped onto Pyrrha to headbutt her before kicking her to jump backward, shoving her onto the ring at the same time.