1

"Come on," Natsu smiled reaching out. "You can do it."

A blonde haired boy, five in age, puffed out his cheeks and took in a deep breath. They were in a meadow, mountains rose up to the left and a deep woodland was to the right, beyond that woodland was where the sea met the mountains.

"DWAGON ROAR!" the boy yelled releasing his breath, nothing happened. The boy pouted.

"Oh come on, don't cry yet, there is still day left!" Natsu laughed picking the boy up and placing him on his shoulders. The boy laughed.

"Natsu!" a familiar blue cat called overhead. It looks just like any other normal cat except it was blue and had angelic wings sprouting from its back, it could also talk but none of those things were strange to the young child.

"Yeah!?" Natsu called back.

"Lucy says lunch'll be ready in a few minutes!" the cat yelled flying by.

"Alright!" the salmon haired yelled back.

The blue cat nodded and flew away.

"Dad," the boy asked leaning down over his father's head.

"Yeah?" Natsu asked looking up at his son.

"Am I ever gonna be as good as you?" the boy whined.

"Course you are," Natsu laughed. He stomped his feet and fire erupted from them launching him and his son into the air. They flew through the air both laughing. Natsu landed lightly  a few kilometers away from his takeoff point, closer to the forest, and the boy squealed in happiness. "Don't you doubt yourself," Natsu chuckled.

"AGAIN!" the boy laughed clapping his hands.

"Okay!" Natsu laugh exposing his canines in his bright smile.

They went into the air, the boy laughed the whole way, but when they reached their peak the wind changed direction and blew a strong scent into Natsu's nose that made him tense and his eyes widen. They landed in the forest and Natsu planted his feet and looked to the east.

The boy stopped laughing and looked at his father, "Dad?"

Natsu slowly took the boy off his shoulders and placed him on the ground.

"Dad what's-" the boy began.

"Shh," Natsu ordered softly looking around and glancing around them. His eyes darted to every shadow, his nostrils flared as he smelled the air, he tilted his head to listen better.

"The infamous Natsu Dragneel," a cold voice chuckled.

Natsu whirled around to face the woman who had suddenly appeared. She had wild red hair and wore silver armor. Draped over her shoulder was a neon blue cape with a picture of a black dragon.

Natsu reached out instinctively and pulled the boy behind his leg. The boy gripped his father's pant legs and looked at the woman fearfully... no one had ever been able to sneak up on his father.

"I come representing the Dragon King," the woman smiled giving a grand bow.

"You can go to hell," Natsu snarled squaring the woman up. The boy was frightened now, he had never heard his father speak in such a way.

"Now is that anyway to greet a messenger of your king?" the woman asked tilting her head.

And then... they were everywhere. Men and woman walked out of the shadows and surrounded Natsu and his son. They all wore silver armor and a pattern of a black dragon on a blue background.

Natsu looked around and gritted his teeth. His mouth was dry and his heart was pumping.

"What do you want?" Natsu growled keeping one hand in front of him and the other hovering protectively over his son.