Scene 4 - The Fireworks

Number 2 faces his fellow men and orders them their next instructions.

Number 2:

Get out in the Village. But please be careful you are not hit.

Number 101/102:

Yes sir.

Both men quickly depart the company of Number 2, only for him to rise back out of his spherical chair and sway over to the desk containing the radio. The desk's concrete slides upwards without warning, revealing a set of white, opaque buttons and dashes to activate from. The screen lights up – a bird's eye view of the Village. Number 2 swipes his hands together, eagerly ready to begin the attack.

Number 2:

This will really flush you out - Number 6.

A random dial is pulled as the yellow light above the object flashes. Somewhere deep on the ocean depths, some flap is opened revealing a pit down into the centre of the Earth. Something bursts out of its way, rocketing its way through – a missile. Splashing out of the water, the launcher rises into the sky before pivoting accurately down towards the Village and crashes down onto it – blowing the edge of the Village into smithereens. Somehow, the people of the Village are there and begin panicking and screaming as the missile explodes. More launchers burst and rise and launch and turn and crash downwards, exploding onto the Village, sending it into a blazing inferno. Number 6 frowns in anger, the rocks are keeping him safe as Number 2 laughs at the havoc and destruction he causes. Numbers 101 and 102 exit and both stand in the raging catastrophe - and wait. They know that they can't be harmed by the missiles.

Number 101:

And all we have to do now is wait.

Number 102:

Yes. He'll come. It's only a matter of time.

Number 6 faces the remains of the camera that is occupied by Number 2 when hiding in the cave.

Number 2:

Give yourself up now Number 6! Innocent people are dying, because of your foolish decision.

The Prisoner finally comes to his conclusion.

Number 6:

Alright then! Stop the bombing.

Number 2:

Give yourself up first.

Number 6:

Stop the bombing, and then I will return.

Number 2:

Very wise, Number 6. You know that there is no escape for you whatsoever. No tricks this time either. Numbers 101 and 102 will hunt you down if you fail to return.

Number 6:

I'm on my way now.

Number 2:

Excellent, Number 6.

The firing has stopped, and yet the Village somehow remains intact. Number 6 makes a break for it and charges back in the direction he came from – with a plan.