Scene 1 - I am not a number, I am a free man!

#(Opening Titles)

A man, only known as Number 6, is trapped someplace. Someplace we only know as The Village. He has just woken up and realized where he is. There is such an element of mystery about this place, almost as the place is entirely deserted and nobody is there. Except, there is a man there, obviously The Prisoner because on his jacket he has a badge labelled "6". We keep changing angles, first to The Prisoner then to some control room with a fat man with a goatee - only known as the interchangeable Number 2.

Number 6:

Where am I?

Number 2:

In the Village.

Number 6:

What do you want?

Number 2:

Information.

Number 6:

Who's side are you on?

Number 2:

That would be telling. We want information. Information. Information.

The Prisoner now just runs aimlessly on a beach, with the bright sun gleaming down on to his body and the rest of the golden sand.

Number 6:

You won't get it!

Something in the water begins to boil, bubble, bursts - until something is released from it. It rises. Blowing itself up to the ocean level, this massive white ball floats and wanders aimlessly around.

Number 2:

By hook or by crook, we will.

Number 6:

Who are you?

Number 2:

The new Number 2.

Number 6:

Who is Number 1?

Number 2:

You are Number 6.

Number 6:

I am not a Number, I am a FREE MAN!

Number 6 is there, standing on the beach somewhere facing up towards the sky, throwing his arm in range, standing with bent knees and berserk. The voice of Number 2 is heard laughing, hysterically laughing. The Prisoner was forever trapped.