c

it was gone.

i had met my soulmate without even realizing it. i groaned and mina turned to look at me.

"what's wrong with you?" she raised a brow.

"it's gone."

"what are you talking about bro?" kaminari said as him and sero stopped walking and turned to look at me.

"my s-soulmate tattoo! i met them without even realizing it." i looked down.

'how could i miss it? i've looked forward to it ever since i was five.'

"everyone in class introduced their selves maybe it was someone there?" sero smiled reassuringly.

"i guess you're right." i heaved a heavy sigh.

"don't stress over it dude. lets get some food!" kaminari yelled and took off running to the cafeteria.

"no running in the halls!"

------------

after lunch we all walked back to class.

i silently walked over to my desk and took a seat. that's when something caught my eye.

taped to my desk was a paper.

i picked it up slowly and unfolded it.

'(xxx)xxx-xxxx
-your soulmate'

my eyes went wide and i smiled widely.

after mr. aizawas lesson class was dismissed.

"hey kiri you wanna walk home together?" mina smiled and i nodded.

"yeah let's go." i picked up my bag and put the number in my pocket.

mina and i didn't live that far from eachother and we used to walk home together a lot last year.

i reached my house first and smiled as i waved at mina.

"i'll see you tomorrow!" she called and ran off to her house.

i unlocked the door and walked in.

"mom! dad! i'm home!" i called.

"eijiro! how was your first day?" my mom smiled as i walked into the kitchen.

she was in the middle of cooking and was chopping carrots for what i'm assuming stew.

"it was good! i found my soulmate mom!"

when the words escaped my lips she slammed the knife into the cutting board.

"eijiro.. you did what?" her smile was forced but at the moment i was too excited to care.

"i found my soulmate." i smiled brightly.

sadly my excitement didn't last. i suddenly felt a sting against my face.

"YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO BRING THAT NONSENSE INTO THIS HOUSEHOLD YOUNG MAN! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU!?" my mother screamed and grabbed me by my hair.

"AND WHO THE HELL LET YOU DYE YOUR HAIR?! GOD EIJIRO ARE YOU EVEN MY SON?!" she scowled.

"m-mom i'm sorry.." i squeaked and tried to move her hands away from my face.

"i'm sorry!" i said a little louder.

"you better be. go to your room." she let me go and turned around.

i quickly ran to my room and shut the door locking it.

by now it was midnight and i still haven't left my room.

i laid in my bed curled up into a ball. tears slowly rolled down my cheeks and breathing was becoming hard to do.

i shakily grabbed my phone and dailed the number on the paper.

"p-please pick up." i muttered quietly.

"hello?" a annoyed voice came through the phone and i sighed relieved.

"h-hey. it's me." i sat up and pulled my knees to my chest and wiped away some tears.

"kirishima?" the voice asked. i nodded even though they couldn't see me.

as i did i broke out into a sob.

"whats wrong?? are you okay??" the voice asked concerned.

"y-yeah i'm fine." the words were hard to get out but they were said somehow.

"don't lie to me."

"i- i just feel so alone." i sniffled. "and it hurts so much.. i just want to disappear."

"listen.. i know it hurts but you're not alone. i've been with you your entire life. we're soulmates after all." he sounded as if he had never had this kind of talk with someone before but he made it work.

i let out a chuckle.

"i can't leave my soulmate alone that wouldn't be very manly."

"exactly. now it's three in the morning go to sleep." he switched back to being annoyed.

"heh y-yeah goodnight!" i said nervously.

"night."

and with that he ended the call.

--------