CH 4: Family Ties 2

N: When morning approaches Kori wakes up alongside his new dog's ice and snow. As he prepares to school he gets two little bowls for each dog and then a huge one for water. When he places the food down Kori grabs the two puppies and gently places them down to eat.

Kori: That should do, I'll go by you guys some proper bowls after school in the meantime behave.

N: With that, he grabs his bag and keys and heads out the door. When he arrives at school spots Himewari sitting in the same bench Kori was sitting yesterday. As Kori walks up to her he takes a seat.

Kori: So Himewari care to explain to me?

Himewari: Why should I?!

Kori: Uh... because If not I'll freeze your ass again.

Himewari: Fine you win.

Kori: That's what I thought.

Himewari: Like I said before were cousins that means your mother is my aunt obviously.

Kori: I understand, but my mother said that I had grandparents and an uncle living here is that correct?

Himewari: Yes dummy, how do you not know about us?

Kori: Mother is rather secretive about her side of the family as my father.

Himewari's Mind: Dammit what kind of mother doesn't explain their family to there own son?!

Himewari: I guess I'll tell you, first will start off with our Grandparents. We have Akira our grandfather and Aí our grandmother then there first born son Taiyo who is our uncle and finally your aunt who is my mother, Nikko.

Kori: Very interesting, do have any other cousins?

Himewari: Yeah, our uncle has a son but he's just 10 years old and my mother is expecting so that makes 2 cousins.

Kori: My aunt is going to have a baby?

Himewari: Yeah my half-brother.

Kori: Well congratulations on becoming a big sister. Being a big sibling is a great responsibility.

Himewari: You talk like you have experience.

Kori: Because I do, I have a little sister back at the temple she is also 10 years old and her name is Tsundora. She's a nice girl with a promising future, especially as a Cryomancer.

Himewari: Cryomancer? I'm quite unfamiliar with that term care to explain?

Kori: Well to give you a brief explanation, there essentially people who can control ice, tho in the Lin Kuei the term means different to me and my sister.

Himewari: What do me by different?

Kori: It's a long story, but what about your power I saw control what looks to be light energy?

Himewari: It's our family power your mother also possess this ability but I'm surprised you don't. You see our family is descended from the Sun Goddess Amaterasu that means we have the ability to control what you call light when reality it's more like solar energy. That's why I was surprised the other day when you blocked my punch, your skin should have been roasted.

Kori: I guess my ice was the perfect counter?

Himewari: I guess, but getting back to the point since our family is descended from a goddess people view our family as gods and so they made our heads emperors and empresses. Currently, our uncle Taiyo is the emperor of Japan.

Kori: Wow that's amazing our uncle as emperor.

N: Then in the distance, Kori could hear the wearing bell for the start of class.

Kori: Well I guess we have to go, it's been nice talking with you Himewari.

Himewari: Oh please, just call me Hime.

Kori: Alright Hime goodbye!

N: Kori starts to run to class when he makes it he takes his seat and in the corner of his eye he can see Akeno smiling.

Kori's Mind: What's with that smile?

N: He turns to her and she just waves back, this left Kori puzzled for a bit until the teacher calls out to him.

Teacher: Mr. Liang, we mentioned earlier that our class will have a project about natural disasters due next week. It's your job to help your partner complete this project alright?

Kori: Uh...who's my partner?

Teacher: Akeno Himejima.

Kori: Oh!

N: He looks over and she as a wide smile.

Kori's Mind: Now I understand why she was smiling.

Kori: It will be done.

N: Then for the rest of the day the class went by as usual after school Kori went to the local pet store where he bought the proper dog food and bowls for his pups. As he gets the bags he walks outside and decides to stroll through the nearby park. Once he entered the sky turned from dusk to a dark purple as Kori looks around he comes to the conclusion that theirs a magic user nearby and takes cover in the brush. He looks around again but doesn't see a thing until he sees a boy approach the fountain.

Kori's Mind: Could the magic be his doing?

N: As continues to investigate he can see his lips moving but he can't hear what he saying. Them a voice could be heard behind the boy.

(???): Well this really is unfortunate, me running into you that is.

N: Then suddenly the boy jumps back and over the fountain

(???): Looking for a way out?

N: Then the boy starts to run but the mysterious man takes to the skies with black wings and gives chase. As Kori follows in the shadows the man lands in front of the boy.

(???): Such cowardness, I simply can't stand you lower class beings!

N: Then the boy tries taking off the opposite direction but suddenly he was impaled by a light spear. As the spear disappears he turns himself over to see the man charging up another one to finish the job. The man throws the spear and the boy closes his eyes but when he opens them all that stands before him is Sub-Zero with the spear in hand.

(???): Who the hell are you?

Sub-Zero: I could ask the same thing.

(???): Are you the boys master?

Sub-Zero: No, but I won't stand around and let an innocent boy die to the hands of you now Fight!

- End of Chapter -