CH 1: Life before DxD

Kori: Ever since I was young my parents and clan knew I was special not just as an individual but in terms of power. When I was born my mother and father knew I wasn't just an average baby. They said when I was an infant I would freeze everything I came in contact with, once my mother told me I froze half of the temple while I was asleep. Till this day she still jokes about it, but my father sought to find the answer to my overwhelming power. He journeyed far to Raiden's sky temple where he informed him of the news. Once Raiden understood the reason for my fathers visit he sought an audience with me. Once the wish was granted, he inspected me after days of constant observing he came up with the conclusion that like him the Elder Gods chose me as the future protector of Earthrealm and that my power was that of a God. My Parents were shocked about the news of me being a god despite being a mere infant but they thanked Raiden and said they'll take the care and responsibility in raising me. As I grew older my appearance gratuity change by the time I was 6 my hair changed from black to solid white and my eyes fully turned into a glowing solid blue. When I came of age my father started training and mentoring on the way of the Lin Kuei it was brutal at first but after he taught me how to control my godly power it became easy. Still even having immense power, in terms of skill I was still no match for father but in Cryomancy I was the best. When I was 15 I completed my training and was bestowed the honorable name of Sub-Zero. Still, my curious self still sought out adventure, I started to question myself how the outside world would be like. I heard stories about my father being one of the famous protectors of earth alongside Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Jax, and Sonya. I loved how his missions had him travel along with the world, I just wish I could have been there alongside him. Then one day I had enough with the countless questions and dreams, so I spoke up to my father and mother about my desire to see the outside.
_______________________________________
- 3 years ago -

N: In the main throne room where Grandmaster Kuai Liang resided, a young Kori stood in front of his father's throne.

Kuai Liang: What is my son?

Bing: Father I wish to move to the outside world away from the Lin Kuei Temple.

N: Kuai sat in his throne silent before he motioned his hand under his chin.

Kaui: Move?

Kori: Yes Father, I wish to experience the wonders of this world as you once did.

N: Kaui gets up and starts talking down the steps.

Kaui: Son you do understand the dangers of this world do you?

N: As he gets closer, Kori starts to get nervous.

Kaui: It is indeed true, I did explore the world but my journey wasn't all glorious and righteous as the stories. I experience more than the beauty of Earth and the other Realms, I also saw the pain and sorrow it was hiding underneath. I'm telling you this not because I wish to scare you in to not going but to warn you, not all you hear is what it seems.

N: As Kori stood there completely silent and motionless his father puts a hand on his shoulder.

Kaui: Son I don't blame you for your curiosity of the outside, for curiosity keeps us moving forward, it allows us to open new doors and discover new things. For curiosity can lead us down new paths.

N: As Kaui let's go of his hand Kori stare at his father until his mother's voice comes from behind them.

Aiko: What's this about my son wanting to explore the world?

N: Kori looks back and sees his mother starting at the two

Kori: Mother

Mother: So you want to move huh?

Kori: Yes mother.

N: He said with a small annoying face.

Mother: And why didn't you inform me first.

N: Kori facepalms.

Kori: Because mother, knowing you you'll always overreact and with father, it's easier to talk to because he's chill and calm.

Mother: Still, you should at least call us together, stuff like this is a family matter.

N: Kori looks at his dad with eyes saying help me. Kaui takes a deep breath before speaking.

Kaui: Aito, all our son wanted to do is speak his mind and you know when something troubles him he always comes to me first, before you. Besides he was going to tell you anyways right Kori?

Kori: Correct!

Aito: Hmph! You get away this time but still where do wish to go?

Kori: Haven't decided yet but I wish to go somewhere nice.

Aito: Somewhere nice? Mmm...Oh! How about my home country!

Kori: Japan?

Aito: Yes, it's where I'm from, it's a beautiful place full diversity especially in the mystic world. If you do decide to go you can visit your grandparents, uncle, aunt, even your cousins.

Kori: Wait I have family in Japan?!

Aito: Why yes, didn't I ever tell our family is considered royalty over there.

Kori: No.

Aito: Well now you know.

Kaui: So Kori, do you still wish to see the world?

N: Kori was silent before he smiled and said.

Kori: Yes!

- End Of Chapter -