Chapter 96 Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"I have located Jerry's brain. The problem is, I am pretty sure that Valentin has stationed an entire army there." Xiao Yan's wireless terminal instantly displays the entire base layout directly to his mind.

When they reach the next level, Xiao senses life signs. He analyzed the data and calculated that there was probably thousands of Valentin clones inside the base. He assessed their vitals; all signs point to viable clones, meaning they most likely have combat abilities.

He relayed this information to the group and everyone fell into a tense silence.

"The problem isn't fighting his army. I have searched throughout the entire base. Jerry's brain is at the lowest level. If Valentin is there then he will be with Jerry. The only way to get to him is to swim through the nutrient solution transport channel."

"What? Swim through the nutrient broth?" Mark winced. "That is just too disgusting."

"It won't gross you out for too long. The broth cycles at regular intervals. We just need to wait until the beginning of the cycle to enter the pipeline, then it should only take three seconds to reach the bottom. If we don't we will just continue along an endless loop around the base."

" I have no problem with the plan." Winn nodded.

"No problem here." Liv looked over at Mark. "Hey, move quickly, no one can hold you."

Xiao Yan led the group to the end of the channel, where they reached the nutrient reaction device. Xiao raised the regulator to calculate the time. The broth continuously flowed through the line and the roar of the fluid reverberated through the lines.

Jane clasped his lock onto Casey and looks back. "I am sure I can make it to the correct place."

Heine said nothing, he merely connected his rope to Xiao's. Winn and Liv looked at each other and hung their slide ropes around Mark's waist.

"Ah are you guys worried that you will be washed away with the solution. No matter what happens I will hold on to you both."

Winn's face slackens in shock at Mark's words. Liv roughly punches Mark. "Idiot. We are afraid that you will be washed away. It will take both of us to tether you."

"Time to go." XIoa Yan jumped with Heine.

Seeing that the filter was about to push down, the others rush to jump behind them.

If the average person were to fall into such a thick solution they would struggle to even move their arm, and instantly be sapped of strength, but this group is different.

As the pump moves down, a powerful force pushed the fluid and the weight presses them down as though they were being forced into the lower depths of hell.

Xiao's arm was smashed by the immense force. He heard the sounds of cracking and saw that Heine hung from one hand along the broken duct. He picked up Xiao Yan and when Xiao was able to reach to the edge, Heine pulled him upward with one hand.

The nutrient solution continued to push downward and Liv and Winn struggled to hold onto Mark, who was nearly washed away. The broth was too slick and Winn struggled to anchor himself by pushing his blade into the floor.

Heine and Jane both grabbed the rope and they were finally able to haul Mark up against the flow of the thick liquid.

Mark coughed strenuously and collapsed on the ground.

Everyone sighed in relief. Suddenly Liv harshly kicked Mark. "Idiot.

Xiao wiped the broth from his face and wearily stood up. He looked at the holographic image and using simulation data to calculate their location. He invaded the wired Valentin clones and determined that they should be in the main control room.

But... where was Valentin?

Just as Xiao Yan was about to connect the terminal, Jane grabbed his shoulder.

"Perhaps Valentin is waiting for you to access this system."