Chapter 36 Want To See Who It Is

He struggled to break away from the temptation overwhelming him. The seduction of Jane Wallace's x-virus.

Until Jane left the lab, Casey's hand gripped onto Xiao Yan's to the point his fingers began to crack. Xiao Yan feared they would shatter if Casey continued holding on to him.

"Don't fall to his advances, you will get addicted." Casey's voice fell heavy with severe warning.

"I know."

"Jane Wallis is a complete hedonist, I don't want you to become a tool to dispel the emptiness of his short life."

"I know."

"I won't have a researcher that he has slept with in my lab with him."

"I know..." Xiao Yan frowned, his brows knitting tightly together, finally he couldn't take it anymore.

"Can you let go, my hand is about to break."

Casey released him.

Xiao Yan knew that Casey was very serious about everything he had just said.

_______________-
After he left the institute for the day, Xiao Yan headed over to the Blue Tulip. Although Casey was an elite genius, Casey did not understand men like Jane Wallis. Not that Xiao Yan did either...but he could feel that he had become a target for Colonel Wallace. An outlet for his boredom. If he wanted to remain in Casey's lab, he had to take care of this situation outside of it.

Men like Jane Wallis are innately arrogant, he won't force anyone to be with him. His pride wouldn't let him. All Xiao Yan needs to do, is let Jane know his position. Xiao Yan thinks that Jane's main aim to bait reluctant researchers with the x-virus. He gets a thrill from it.

The Blue Tulip is the most expensive and luxurious bar in the Shire. Anyone that goes there invariably spends a great deal of money. It is as Casey said, Jane Wallis is an absolute hedonist.

The bar reserves special treatment for the elite force's combatants. They seek to accommodate the soldiers every whim. Most of special forces have little time off and therefore are unable to enjoy the luxuries of the bar.

Given their limited lifespan, Xiao Yan feels he is in no position to criticize Jane's extravagant tastes.

Xiao Yan is stopped at the entrance of the bar. As a student of the Academy, his salary is not high enough to enjoy such a luxurious establishment. The security guard was able to immediately ascertain this fact from his clothing.

"Sorry sir, you are not allowed inside."

"I am here to meet Jane Wallace. If I cannot enter, please inform him I am here."

Xiao was just about to leave when the guard returned, apologizing profusely. " I am very sorry, I didn't know that you were a friend of Colonel Wallace. Please, come inside."

"How were you able to confirm my identity to Jane Wallace?"

"Colonel Wallace has standing orders, he will cover the tab of anyone who enters the Blue Tulip under his name."

Xiao Yan almost groans his frustration aloud. What kind of life does Jane Wallace live?

Given that few people have access to the bar, there are not many guests present. Elegant music flows through the air, and wine splashes against glasses as lovers enjoy their expensive meals. With each turn of the clock, it empties further.

As Xiao catches sight of Jane, he is momentarily taken aback. Amid the atmosphere of the bar, Jane's appeal is magnified. The arrogant slope of his jaw is softened and his brows arch temptingly under the dim ambience. Even his movements have a different feel, more languid then aggressive, although still provocative. His left hand drapes around a young man's waist, who is busy feeding him, and his right hand rests on the shoulder of a blonde.

Xiao Yan sighed deeply, did this guy just come to the bar to show off?
Jane's gaze sweeps over Xiao Yan, his mouth tilts with a hint of laughter. He doesn't let go of the beauty in his arms.