Chapter 58 Xiao Yan's Determination

"Yes but this is not something you can expect to learn in one day." Heine's answer is terse, and Xiao wonders if he is bothered by his request.

"Nothing can be done in a day, please trust that I am sincerely dedicated."

Heine walked in front of Xiao and grabbed his hand, pulling him into his body, causing Xiao 's heart to beat uncontrollably.

It is about possibilities, and the ability to narrow down the possibilities. For instance, when you throw a punch towards me I can filter out what moves are impossible. The closer your fist is, the more moves I can filter out and the more accurate my response will be. For me, this has come from an accumulation of experience. You do not have this experience. Making the judgements is easy, once your mind narrows the options down."

Xiao Yan understands what Heine is saying. The more possibilities, the more difficult it is to make a move.

"I will attack you, try to stop me."

Heine moves before he is ready and instantly Xiao's shoulders are crushed against the ground.

"Pay attention." The cool curt tone is a clear command.

Xiao Yan knows that it is rare for Heine Burton to personally train anybody. This is the man and the myth within the Special Forces; he needs to concentrate on absorbing every second of his tutelage.

Heine deliberately slows his motions down, deconstructing his movements to allow Xiao Yan to clearly see the order of his attack. Just when Xiao is certain Heine cannot alter his attack, he manages to do something unexpected.

After a couple hours, Heine stops.

Xiao Yan is desperately gasping for air as sweat pours down his face. He felt like an infant battling a god. If he were his former self, his confidence would have long since disintegrated.

He was perfectly aware that he wasn't worth mentioning in the same sentence as Colonel Burton.

Still Heine had taken his time to show him what he knew without any hesitation.

"That is it for today."

Heine turned away and opened the door. Two special forces waited for Xiao outside.

"Send him back."

"Yes, Colonel."

Xiao Yan and Heine walk in different directions down the hall.

________________________________

Three minutes and twelve seconds.

Compared with the results of the first experiment, it is substantial progress...but it is not enough.

He must make the x-2 virus last longer.

By the time he made it back to his room, Xiao's thoughts were boiling and pressurizing inside his exhausted body. The terminal inside his room is not sufficient for data processing, but he can use it to communicate.

He discovered that Casey was still online.

.

"Hey, Casey, I figured you would be asleep."

"I fell asleep after training and was napping until now. Ugh! I have enough problems without being wrung dry by the Special Forces. I don't want to do this!"

Xiao Yan lowered his head, choked back his laughter. He knew that if Casey was serious there was nothing that he couldn't do. The problem was he hated things like physical fitness and fighting.