Chapter 21 Xiao's Death

Xiao froze.

He swallowed with great difficulty. Next to the masterpiece that is Heine's body, he doesn't even have the brilliance to compete with a piece of tin foil.

"Are you going to stay in inside?"

Xiao Yan frantically shakes his head, he desperately wanted to leave, but Heine stood blocking the doorway. He can only bite the bullet and squeeze by him. He didn't dare breathe as he scooted around him for fear his head would get smashed against the door frame like a bothersome zombie.

He hunched his shoulders as close together as he could, squeezed against the wall and wiggled through the small space beside Heine.

All of his senses were taut and sharp, he was so close to Heine that he could feel the heat radiating from him. His muscles tightened painfully as adrenaline coursed through his system.

As Xiao finally exited the shower rooms, he exhaled in relief.

Whew. Finally. He made it out alive.

"Ah - what are you doing!" A woman's screamed and he looked up to see Lily's friend gaping at him in abject horror.

Xiao blinked, suddenly realizing that he had forgotten to put his clothes back on. He had sauntered out with not a stitch on his body, his manhood dangling freely in the wind.

He spotted Lily, who was still lounging by the pool, and frantically rushed back into the shower rooms.

All he can do at this point is pray that after he puts his clothes back on, the friend won't recognize him.

Or he could stay here and wait for them to leave the pool.

Xiao Yan helplessly held his forehead. He had destroyed every tendril of his dignity in less than one minute.

How had his leisurely idle life turn into this.... Disaster after disaster.

From the moment the craft he was one with his classmates had crashed, everything in his life had become dislodged and chaotic.

Someone walked past him and Xiao Yan lifted his gaze. He saw Heine's defined chin and apathetic expression, then he disappeared from Xiao Yan's sight.

When Heine walked out of the shower area, Lily and her friends were laughing and chatting excitedly.

"Hey do you know the rookie who was just knocked in the water by Colonel Burton?"

"Mhmm. I do, he is my classmate. Xiao Yan. Why?"

"That guy has a huge crush on you. He was staring at your legs the whole time. Also, he just left the shower rooms, with nothing on. Just ran right out. I bet he wanted you to see his body...and glory."

As Heine walked past them his fierce gaze wrapped around like a ferocious blizzard eating up the air. The girl who had been happily chatting away, went abruptly silent. She stayed that way until Heine's figure disappeared from her sight, her breath still stuck in her throat.

"Bella! Bella! what is wrong with you." Worried Lilly patted Bella's back.

"I... I thought he was going to kill me..." Bella heavily exhaled.

"Who?"

"Colonel Heine Burton..."

"It's okay Bella. He's gone. Come on, let's go back. Maybe we have been soaking in the water for too long. Perhaps it is getting to you."

Lily pulled Bella from the pool, as she exited the water, Bella's legs felt weak and unsteady.

When Xiao was finally convinced that everyone had left, he finally felt comfortable enough to leave the shower room.

Clearly he was never going to set foot in the base's pool room again, which left only one other way to spend his leave.

The base's living facilities are not luxurious. Obviously there is no nightlife, like in the Shire. The only other recreation on base was a small bar near the fitness center.

After sleeping the rest of the day, Xiao Yan arrived at the bar. The most bustling area on the base.