You'd think I wouldn't be embarrassed considering I'm married and have birth a child, but no, I'll always be weird.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, you're an adult and married."

"I'd rather we forget you saw it."

"Okay, we can also do that." She chuckles.

"We can move onto presents! I was in charge of yours and Angela's, so I hope you like it."

I take the present from the suitcase and hand it to her. She opens the cardboard box and smiles at the metal jewelry box.

"There's another present inside it."

"You didn't have to get me two presents."

"After everything you've done for me, of course I did, now open it and tell me."

"Okay, okay!" She smiles.

Mum opens the box and smiles.

"I love it, thank you so much."

"Thank goodness because I hate buying presents."

"This is perfect."

She holds the white gold chain between her fingers and admires it. A heart pendant hangs at the bottom of the chain and sparkles in the light. On one side, there's stones and on the other, 'family' is engraved in cursive font.

Mum puts the gift back in the box and we go down the other end.

As we arrive in the kitchen, Angela is only just closing the fridge.

"I knew you said not to bring anything, so I stuck to the essentials. I've grabbed kebabs, a small garden salad, two dressings, mashed potatoes, pasta salad, beer and wine."

"Angela." I gasp. "That's a family meal."

"You two just got back and-"

"Don't worry, we appreciate it but this is supposed to be a thank you dinner."

"You don't have to thank us, we're family."

"Still." I shake my head. "Thank you for the food."

I tug her into a hug and move to the living room. Since our lounge room doesn't accommodate that many people, I sit on Blake's lap. He happily wraps his arms around my waist.

"How was Paris? Magical? Wonderful? I've been begging Thomas to take me there." Angela looks at Thomas and he glances away.

"Absolutely beautiful." I smile.

"We went everywhere and ate all the food possible."

"Mm, yes, the food was delicious." I nod.

"Seriously, we should go." Angela pats Thomas's knee.

"We can put some lights in the backyard and pretend it's Paris."

"Are you going to cook?" 

"Do you remember last time I tried?" He laughs. "And I can't afford to get sick because you're costing me a fortune."

"I can't believe you." She gasps.

"Have you met with the lawyer? I want to know if my two hundred and fifty dollars is being spent well," Thomas grumbles.

Blake groans and I kiss his cheek.

"Yes, we talked through what will happen. Blake is prepared for the DNA test and he's confident that I'll at least be able to gain custody."

Blake presses his face into my back.

"That's the result I want. London will always be my granddaughter and I'll do whatever I need to protect her from the fruit loop."

Angela smiles and snuggles into Thomas's side.

"Of course you'll always have our support." Mum smiles.

"Regardless of what happens, we'll get her back and life will continue," I say.

Blake kisses my shoulder and sighs.

"Speaking about life going on, there's food and drinks that were promised." He grabs my waist and lifts me into the air.

I detour into the kitchen to collect the meat while Blake fires up the barbie. When I get outside, Blake puts the meat on, then wraps his arm around my waist. He kisses my shoulder and nuzzles closer.

Dad cracks a beer open and places it on the side of the barbie.

"Ava speaks so highly about these burgers, I'm excited."

"Just you wait!" I chuckle.

"I better do a good job then." Blake kisses my shoulder and smiles.

Dad wanders inside and I stay beside him.

"I lied when I said I wanted things to go back to normal, I want more than that," Blake comments.

His hand slides under my shirt and he strokes my stomach.

"Welp, I'm glad you've picked up because anything involving Tori is never easy."

Blake kisses my cheek and sighs.

"I'm so glad I have you in my life."

I turn my head to the side and kiss his cheek.

She doesn't know who she's messing with.