Epilogue

Minju's POV

It's been a month after the incident..

The incident that I won't and never forget...

*sigh* It's a sunny day today and I'm here.. laying a bouquet of flower on her tomb together with my heartfelt message for her..

"Thank you for everything" I whispered before I stood up, ready to leave her tomb.

"Let's go?" Chaewon asked. I nodded and followed her towards the car.

It's nice to visit her at a time like this.. Farewell, I'll be back..

*Flashback at what happened a month ago*

The police rescued us and immediately rushed us to the nearest hospital in the city..

I can't remember the things that had happened at the time we're travelling towards the hospital.. All I can remember is she's in danger..

After a week, I recovered easily since the knife didn't affect a vital part of my neck..

I want to see her so bad.. So bad that I even cried just to see her..

"You need to be tough Min. Don't worry, she's in room 256, a room beside yours " my Mom exclaimed, trying to calm myself. Just by seeing her situation back then, I'm slowly losing my hope that she'll stay..

Everytime I'm asking questions about her, the nurses and my Mom would shift the topic into something.. I don't know why but, it scares me.. it really do..

"Doctor! Doctoor! Help! The patient in room 256 is getting critical!" I heard a nurse shouted outside. Room 256..... I am 257 .. N-no! N-nnnnnooo!

I stood up from my hospital bed and tried to get out of the door but Mom hugged me while crying.

"N-no Mom please.. I h-have to see her! M-mom, I beg you" I tried to escape but my knees are getting weak from the scenario that I'm experiencing , I can't even support myself.

All I can do is to cry ..

Standing right at the door, I can hear how the nurses and doctors tried to revive her but, it's too late. "Time of death, 6:30 pm" I heard the doctor said.

I broke in tears upon hearing the words that I don't want to hear for my entire life..

Mom's still hugging me while mouthing 'stay tough Min, stay tough'

How can I stay tough when the girl I love is gone?! H-how?! I hope I can turn back the time where I can be able to protect her...

"D-do you know Min? T-that kid was the one who g-gave me a necklace on my birthday. She said she was your f-friend and I'm happy that you have f-found the kind and r-right girl.. H-her smile really shows her true identity.. I knew by the time I talked to her back then" it made me cry more, just by seeing my Mom cry for her.. I know Mom, she's the best and the most amazing person you will ever meet.

"M-mom, I n-need to see her.. P-please, for the l-last time.." I pleaded. Mom just nodded and let me go inside the room.