{20}

Peter's POV

I sat by Y/n, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Tony: Come on kid, if we hurry her to our doctors, they might be able to save her.

I felt numb. I didn't want to leave her. But I couldn't let her die. I picked up her lifeless body and carried her to the exit. As we walked past, I saw the cops arresting Liz and her father.

We sung/ flew to the compound and the medics were already there waiting. They rushed her to the hospital room and were in there operating on her for hours. After a while a doctor came out

Dr: I'm sorry Peter, we couldn't save her.

What? No! He's lying right? My head started to spin and I felt like puking.

Dr: Peter, are you alright?

Peter: Yeah. I just need some air.

I ran out of the compound and swung straight to my house.

May: Peter? Is that you?

I walked out of my room and collapsed into her arms, sobbing on her shoulder

Peter: T-they c-couldn't save her M-May. It's a-all my f-fault. S-she's dead b-because of m-me

May: No Peter. This isn't your fault. Look, she is in a better place now. Not being tortured everyday by Liz. You know, when they had me that day, she kept strong for you. She would want you to stay strong for her Peter. She wouldn't want you to sit there and cry in self-pity. You know that.

Peter: I-I know. I j-just w-wish I c-could've told her how I-I felt.

May: Ik Peter. Now why don't we go to Mr Delmar's for dinner.

Peter: Yeah ok. I'll have a-

May: No.5 with pickles and smushed down real flat. I know Peter. You set some movies up and we'll have a fun night

Peter: Yeah ok.

*Time skip- 2 days*

Tony's POV

It's been 2 days now since Y/n's death and Peter has not taken it lightly. May told me he barely eats and never comes out of his room- even Ned isn't allowed to come round his house. I feel so sorry for him.

Pepper: Hey honey. You alright?

Tony: Yeah, just thinking about Peter.

Pepper: He'll be ok

Tony: That's the thing though, he doesn't patrol, he doesn't eat and sits alone all day and all night, not saying a single word.

Pepper: Well maybe he-

Tony: You know what, you're right. I'm going over there

Pepper: Tony I-

Before she could finish what she was going to say, I go grab a car and drive to Parker's house. I arrived at the apartment and knocked on the door to see his very attractive aunt

May: Oh Mr Stark. What are you doing here?

Tony: I'm here to see Peter. I would say if it's alright with him but we both know the answer.

May: Yeah unfortunately. If you don't mind me asking though, how did she die? Peter hasn't said anything

Tony: Well the three of us were fighting and she hit us with an energy ball, she then ran away and got stabbed by the vulture. Unfortunately my medics couldn't save her.

May: God. Well, would you like a drink?

Tony: Oh just some water please. I shall go see the Spiderling

I walk up to his door. It wasn't that hard to find considering it had spiders on it. Such a dork! I knocked on the door but didn't hear an answer.

Tony: Hey kid, it's me. Can I come in.

I hear a groan but come in anyway. What I saw was horrific. Peter was laying on the floor, tissues everywhere and photos of him and Y/n. I forgot they were best friends. His hair was all in a mess and he looked as if he hadn't slept for days. On his bed I saw his suit.

Karen: Hello Mr Stark

Tony: Yes, hello...

Karen: My name is Karen

Tony: As in-

Peter: Yes. After Plankton's wife in Spongebob.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled and the heartbroken dork. He sat up and faced me.

Peter: It's all my fault Mr Stark. I could've saved her. That day on the rooftop- I should've just taken her then instead of arguing with her. Then she would be here.

Tony: Kid, this isn't your fault.

Peter: She lived a horrible life Mr Stark- her adopted parents abused her everyday and I never found out until the day she got kidnapped. I was meant to be her best friend. Everyday she had a mark on her face. The signs were clear, but I just chose to ignore them. I'm a terrible friend.

Tony: Kid, you need to give yourself a break. And you need to go back out to the world.

Peter: I guess I should. I'll go back to school on Monday, give me enough time to get myself together.

Tony: That's the spirit.

I pull him into a hug and I realise how much this kid means to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n
So sorry for not updating. And thank you so much for 300 views. Please vote and comment- I do like to hear about what you think. Also I saw Endgame the other day, and all I can say is- I hate it but love it. There is a scene near the end and I was literally shaking. It is amazing ❤️❤️