Chapter Twenty-Seven

DOM

DOM

The prison orange that I was required to wear just symbolized everything about my freedom being taken away. I couldn't even eat freely anymore; everything was on a timed schedule, every single day.

It was something I hated since usually, I had always been so unpredictable.

I got mean mugs from people I didn't even know and the food tasted like they just threw any old thing together and called it breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It only took a few days for me to stop pushing away the food and not eating it, seeing as I was most likely going to be in here for a while.

My trial had been held about a week ago and seeing everything that I had been charged with, the judge gave me the maximum of fifteen years for the attempted homicide alone. Once I heard that, I didn't even care to listen to the rest of the sentencing for my other charges. I most likely had a life sentence on my hands and I wasn't sure if I could do the full twenty with all of these criminals around me.

We had to be up at a certain time every day and although I tried to avoid going to get breakfast as much as I could, we couldn't just roam around whenever we wanted to since this was a maximum security prison. Only the worst criminals who couldn't be trusted were transferred here, and I just felt like I didn't belong here at all. Nearly half of the men here have murdered someone. The only person I've tried to kill ended up living so I didn't understand why the judge had me here.

What I've done wasn't even half as bad as what some of these other people have done.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted when I felt a hard shoulder bump into mine as I walked towards the cafeteria for breakfast, nearly knocking me off balance since I wasn't really focused. Once I caught my footing, I almost broke my neck snapping it in his direction as a cold glare resided on my face.

"What, you got a problem?" He spoke in a teasing manner as two of his friends stood behind him, giving me the same mug that he was giving me.

I knew he was just trying to start shit with me because that's what most people did to fresh meat, attempting to see what they were all about. Whether or not they were pussy. "Yea, watch where the fuck you going. I know you seen me walking nigga." I retorted quickly with venom laced in my voice as the trio began to surround me but I couldn't back down now. Even if they beat my ass in this very spot, I couldn't go out without a fight.

My head was held high as we eyed each other with menacing looks, neither one of us backing down from the other. I wasn't even worried about the two followers behind me because I could tell this one was the one who called the shots.

"This nigga think he bold. Bitch boy, you ain't even with no crew. We could stab yo ass right now and the only people who won't look the other way is the guards. And that's only 'cause it's they job." The inmate in front of me spoke causing his two lackeys to laugh.