Chapter Twenty-Six

***1 month later***

ANTONIO

A suit wasn't really something I've made a huge use of throughout the years. The only time it really came out of my closet was for special occasions such as this one.

I glanced at myself through one of the mirrors in the large room of the venue where the groom and his best man were to get ready—away from the bride and her maid of honor, of course. The black suit and tie that was clad on my body had still fit nicely, even after all of these years.

Adjusting my blazer a bit, I looked over at Xae who was only in his suit pants and white buttoned down shirt and pacing the carpeted designed floors with a distraught look on his face. His shirt hadn't even been tucked in yet. "Yo." I called out to him causing him to break out of his trance and turn to face me, allowing me to see the bullets of sweat that decorated his face. I raised an eyebrow at his appearance. "You good?"

He stopped pacing and let out a small sigh, using the back of his hands to wipe the beads of sweat from his forehead which prompted me to snatch a small hand towel off of the rack beside me and hand it to him. He swiftly wiped his face and his hands dry before throwing the towel down and continuing his pacing. "I don't know, man. I know people talk about getting cold feet before their wedding all the time but I didn't know it would be like this."

"Xae." I stopped his constant moving by standing in front of him and placing both of my hands on his shoulders. "Relax. You're just overthinking things too much. I mean... you asked her so why wouldn't you be excited?"

He exhaled a shaky breath as he nodded his head in agreement. "You're right. I just—I wanna be sure that I'm making the right decision but... I guess no one could ever really be one hundred percent sure of anything, right?"

Pressing my lips together to refrain from saying anything, I nodded in response to his question. It had been a month since I last spoke to Bree at my house and we had that huge argument that made me realize how immature she really was. She had been staying around the house a lot more lately and every time I was even remotely close to telling Xae about us, she would do something to thwart my plans.

And since Bree was pregnant with what Xae thought was his baby, he would cater to her until his dying breath. Anything she asked for, she got it and she was surely basking in all of the glory of being pampered whenever she pleased. It was a little disgusting to watch because she and I both knew that she was taking advantage of him, and I kind of distanced myself from him because of it. I didn't want to watch her do that to him.

"Xae, I gotta tell you something..." I spoke after a couple minutes of silence, exhaling a low sigh as my heart began to race at the anxious feeling that immediately overwhelmed my body. Admitting that I had sex with his fiancée, not once but twice, wouldn't be an easy thing to tell him. Especially since he had been nothing but a good friend to me ever since we first met at McDonald's. And I knew that as soon as those words left my mouth, we would no longer be the friends we once were.