thirteen.

Royce snapped her fingers dramatically which made the pair of best friends laugh, "Okay, I know that's right."

Remi just laughed again, shaking her head. A family of her own was always in her plans, but recently, she made the decision that she wanted a big one. Since getting kicked out of her home when she was eighteen, Remi wanted to make sure she was marrying into a big family. Part of her wanted to fill the void of not having much family of her own, while the other wanted to make sure her future children would have an abundance of family members to be around. Remi wanted to make sure she could give her kids something she didn't have, that was important to her.

"Come on before I lost out on a good seat," Remi looped her arm around Royce's, "I wanna take some pictures of her."

They both walked into the indoor track arena where plenty of families were already filing in. Remi's eyes scanned the room to try and find Crystal, and when she could see her stretching in a corner by herself a smile spread across her face. From a far, she couldn't see anything physically different about Crystal and it made her let out a small breath of relief.

Crystal's curly hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, and she was clad in the school's bright blue, gold, and white colors. LHS, the school's initials, were spread right across her chest with the number three on a paper pinned underneath of them. A combined look of determination and confidence was written all over her face, but if Remi knew her younger sister, she knew she was a bit nervous. It was her first race of the season and she always had jitters.

As Remi and Royce began to approach Crystal, they froze in their tracks when a grown man had approached her. He was a tall, caucasian man who was dressed in a white polo shirt that was tucked into his khaki's. He had long, blonde hair that was pulled back into a low man-bun and a bushy blonde beard that covered up most of his face. He didn't seem old at all, and in fact was pretty good-looking.

Remi stood back a little, watching to see what exactly was about to go down. She sort of took Omari's advice to take a breather and not assume because she didn't want to drag the situation and end up blowing it out of proportion. The last thing she needed was to start letting Nyla's words get to her head and have her doubting her sister's every move. 

The man handed something over towards Crystal, and Remi couldn't really make out what it was. Crystal had just flashed the man a tight-lipped smile and shook her head at him, which made him stick up both his thumbs and back away before he turned around to walk away from her. Remi took a deep breath before continuing to make their way over to her.

"Hey girl," Royce pushed at Crystal's shoulder making her turn around.

Crystal had immediately ripped out her earphones and looked up at both of them with a wide grin. Before she could say anything, Remi had just pulled her in for a tight hug. Regardless of anything, she wanted her younger sister to know that she was there for her.

"Let me go grab us some seats," Royce chuckled, walking away and letting the sisters have a private moment.

"Rem, I cannot breath," Crystal laughed, hitting at Remi's shoulder which made her pull away, "What was that for?"

"I can't give my little sister a hug?" Remi frowned, not trying to be too obvious that there was another underlying for the tight hug.

"I guess," Crystal chuckled, "Weirdo."

Remi shoved her hands in the back of her jeans, getting a bit of a closer look at her sister, "Who was that guy that was talking to you?"

"Mr. Hayes, one of the athletic trainers," Crystal told her, before flashing the small roll of athletic tape that he had handed over to her, "He was giving me some tape to wrap up my ankle because it feels a little weird."