Chapter 8-Meeting with the exes

Start from the beginning

Mason chuckled before blankly saying "yes"

That even caught me off guard. A millionaire? Not once did Lilly mention this. I mean I figured they had a lot of money but not MILLIONS. damn, as much as I hate Ash he did good. He came to this country with nothing, and now he is richer then Gary and I put together. "My dad has a business back home, he also makes a decent amount over here."

Gary looked suspicious "how old are you?"

"Okay, we better going" I whispered to Mason. "I'm old enough. Trust me. But nice meeting you both. We should have this talk next time—

"Not going to happen" I said

Mason started rubbing my back "you have to excuse her. She's not herself when she's hungry. I better hurry and feed her some fine food." I had the urge to yank him from out of there, but Gary wasn't in a rush to see us go "yeah we should." He directed his eyes to me "can we talk later?"

What more did he want to talk about? About how he wanted to take Penelope from me? Or how unfit of a mother I am? Or how Macy looked so much better then me?

I didn't respond. I had no more feelings for him. And having Mason there just eased my emotions.

~~~~

Once we arrived at the restaurant, Mason got us the biggest table there and ordered literally the whole menu. I mean it was all you can it after all, but the amount of food the waiter came with, I couldn't imagine finishing it; there was a variety of lobsters, crabs, steak, burgers, shrimp, egg rolls, chicken, tacos, and much more that I didn't recognize. The bill was going to be high. I had to ask the waiter if we can get a to-go box later. I wanted to bring some food for everyone else at home. And he promised us he would have some waiting.

Once the waiter left, I could see Masons eyes already undressing me. "You're not going to eat?"

I looked down at our food, grabbed a lobster tail, and sank my teeth in it. My mouth watered so much, that some drooled out. Mason started laughing and handed me a napkin. "You act like you've never had lobster"

I mean of course I have. But not often. And it never tasted like this.

"Your ex husband has his eyes glued on you"

I stopped chowing down, to follow his gaze. Gary and Macy were three seats across from us, staring at us like we just committed a crime. "Why are they staring?" I whispered. Mason shrugged "do you want to give them something to stare at?" He didn't even wait for me to answer because he reaches over, grabs my face as his mouth aggressively fills mine up, taking it into a deep kiss leaving me motionless. Mason then sits back down and urges me not to look back. "Bet he feels stupid for leaving you. A man's trash is another man's treasure"

Trash? I knew he meant no harm over that comment but it definitely hit me in the gut. He could tell from my face that it did "not saying you're trash. I'm implying that he's a fool for not appreciating you."

"Why do you love me Mason?" I blurted out

He nervously looks down at his plate "I just do?"

"But, there are other girls in the world."

He looks up "but there's only one you."

See Mason and Logan were different. Even as kids. Logan expresses more of his feelings then Mason did. But I just took his word for it. I really didn't want to ruin this date. He started feeding me some mashed potatoes and all my insecurities left my body. Not a moment did he leave my eyes. He was just focused on me the whole night. I wasn't even tempted to look back at Gary and Macy. They weren't relevant to me anymore.