Lexi's First Day of School

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Why did you just call me Lex and not Lexi?"

"Because we're friends. Is that ok with you?"

"Ya it's fine. It's just no one has ever called me Lex they always just call me Lexi because it's already short enough."

"Well I like both so I'll call you both ok."

"Ok that works, so what class do you have next?"

" I have Team Sports with Coach Dalton. What about you?"

"The same thing!"

"That's cool."

"Yep, now tell me what's this school like?" I asked as we walked to the gym.

"Well it's full of rich kids who think they have everything."

"Do I count as one?"

"I don't know yet I guess I'll find out won't I."

"I guess you will."

"You're gonna have a hard time doing gym in heels Lexi."

"Oh don't worry about that I have tennis shoes in my car."

"What kind of car do you drive?"

"1967 Chevy Impala."

"Wow you know your cars! Dang that's impressive."

"I don't know all them but I do know some, especially the Impala it's my favorite."

"You like the Impala. Do you know how to drive a stick?"

"Hell yes my Dad wouldn't let me get my license until I learned how!"

"Wow!!"

"Come on walk with me to my car so I can get my tennis shoes."

"Ok."

So we walked to my car to get my tennis shoes. I was shocked I made a friend so quickly and that he hasn't hit on me yet.

"Are you Lexi?" some guy came up to me asking.

"Yes how may I help you?" I answered then asked.

"My name is Dakota. I was wondering if you would like to got out on a date with me?" he asked confident that I would say yes.

"I would like to but I wanna get settled into LA first. Is that ok with you?" I told him as we continued to walk to my car that we were nearing.

"That's ok, wait is that YOUR car?" he asked as we approached my car and as I unlocked my door.

"Yes this is MY car. Do you like it or are you just shocked that the hot new girl actually has a nice car?" I asked Dakota as he started to relax a little with me.

"A little of both. Most girls don't drive Chevy Impalas in LA." Dakota told me.

"Well I don't care about the other girls Dakota. I'll drive the car I like whether or not other girls do it," I shot back at him.

"Lexi, you are gonna be one worth chasing for."

I heard James chuckle at that comment.

"Dakota, you're not gonna be chasing me now or ever cause now I'll never go out with you, so you can go back to your buddies and tell them that you lost the bet."

"Wait, how did you know we made a bet about this."

"Well Dakota I know how guys work whether they like it or not. And just so you know Dakota I'm smarter than an actual blond. My hair may be blond but I definitely don't act like one."