Chapter 1 - Alone

A/N: Hello everyone! As some of you may already know, I have posted this story before, many years ago, but I was in my early teens back then. Upon getting older and realising how far my writing had come, I felt like I was ready to revamp this story and give it the credit it deserves. A lot of things have changed but the core of the story remains the same. I've written a few chapters in advance and plan to upload a new chapter once every week! Please, please show your support by voting and feel free to give me honest critiques in the comment section.

Hope you enjoy! xo

----

She ran as fast as she could. The sound of her breath hitting against the atmosphere around only increased the intensity of her situation. She tried to look back but knew that it would only lead to her death. Either way she was doomed. "You can't run forever. I'll always find you."

Those words grated on Pandora more than the actual danger that she was currently in. The way he spoke with such passion as if he actually enjoyed the experience of hunting made her want to throw up on the spot.

She would continue fighting until it was her time to go, then, and only then, could the new generation of guardians be chosen. Fortunately for her and the ability she wielded to see into the future, Pandora knew who the next four guardians would be once she died.

To find them was her only option.

Suddenly the red-headed psychic swerved a corner and came face to face with the devil himself: Jonathan Creel. His bulging eyes were fixated on her, it made her feel uncomfortable to the point that she wanted to look anywhere but at him.

"You've caught me. So what now?" She asked.

This time the grin on his face spread almost instantly. "You die."

Pandora was the sole remaining guardian of the box and she'd be damned if it were to fall into the hands of a man who was hunting her for sport.

Pandora shoved the menace back a few feet whilst attempting to hold onto the precious box into her arms. She then punched him square in the jaw surprising him a little before attempting another escape, feeling almost isolated in the huge night's sky.

"It's going to be like that then is it? One way or another, Pandora! I'm going to find you and trust me, I'm going to enjoy killing you!"

-----

Stephanie Rollins swirled the champagne in her glass with her index finger, amused by the ringing sound it made. This was supposed to be a wonderful evening, or at the very least, the opportunity to be a wonderful evening, but alas she was alone.

It wasn't like she asked for much out of life, but to be sat in the middle of Russo's drinking expensive champagne on her lonesome was a massive kick in the teeth for the young twenty-two year old.

"Drinking alone this evening madam?" the waiter asked, coming up by Stephanie's elbow. He was dressed impeccably with school-like posture. He leaned over her shoulder as if to act supportive, but she knew that he was just another busybody wanting to rub her misfortune in her face. She didn't rattle easily, but she looked unamused by the waiter's pretentious comments as well as the fact that he hadn't taken her silence as a cue to leave her alone.

Stephanie took a sip from her wineglass and grimaced. "Yeah it appears I've been stood up, so if I could have the bill as soon as your ready, that would be great."

"Oh you poor thing don't worry about it, it's on the house," the waiter responded, placing an unwanted hand on the dateless girl's shoulder before rushing off to involve himself in another customer's personal life.

This had been the third date this month that Stephanie had been stood up on, or given lame excuses as to why they couldn't attend. It was as though God didn't want her to form relationships with anyone for as long as she lived, that would explain why she had no friends or family she kept in touch with.

Helen and Steven Rollins. Her parents had died when she was seven years old, that didn't leave her many memories to cling onto as she grew up into adulthood, not that she wanted to be bombarded with memories of their life if they weren't around to see her live hers. She didn't hate her parents, but she resented them for leaving her in a world that didn't appear to want her.