"There you go. Just like nothing happened." He smiled, clapping his hands as if he had done some big task. I laughed, looking away.

Suddenly Leo and I's phones buzzed. We both looked at each other before I reached over the counter, looking down at the messages.

Work:

Mr.Evans: I need you all to be free on Friday at 7. There will be an important announcement!

Amanda: Of course😊

Katie: ^

Shannon: will do!

A lot of other workers replied and I tilted my head. Do they usually go out for announcements? Why was I sort of nervous?

Mr.Evans: I'm sure Leo would like to join us. Right Leo?

I raised my eyebrows at the screen, reading the last sentence over in disbelief before looking up at Leo who was also on his phone.

Leo: I'll go if Marlie goes.

My jaw dropped slightly at the texts.

Dani: ...

Katie: Marlie you have to go!

Shannon: you don't have to...

I sighed, tapping slowly at the phone.

Me: I'll be there

Mr.Evans: Great! See you guys soon then!

I put my phone down and Leo smiled over at me.

"Marlie..." a voice was suddenly heard from the doorway. It was Madison stumbling out, her eyes half awake.

"Madison!" Leo walked up to her and picked her up, pulling her over his shoulder. She giggled.

Ben walked slowly after her, rubbing his eyes.

I smiled widely. So cute.
{Friday}
This whole week at my job has been okay. I think I'm getting used to where everything was, but I haven't exactly explored any of the other floors yet. The three girls, Dani, Katie, and Shannon didn't seem to bother me, thank god. Neither has Amanda. All was good so far.

It was after work and I was looking through my closet for an outfit I was supposed to wear today. I didn't quite know what to go with...

I sighed, picking out a red dress.

Right after I was done getting ready, I heard a knock on my door. I flinched, before walking over.

"Who is it?" I asked, my voice a little shaky. I looked through the peephole and I tried not to laugh. Leo's face was close to the other side, making his head look bigger than what it normally was.

"Marlie It's me. Who else are you expecting hmm?" He leaned forward, probably guessing what I was doing.

I opened the door and he smiled down at me.

"You look great!" He cheered. I laughed, covering my face with my hands.

"Thanks...What are you doing here?" I asked him curiously.

He paused and blinked down at me,"...Aren't we driving together?"

I wrinkled up my face in confusion.

"No? I don't want everyone thinking I got the job because of you." I stated, leaning my head on the door.

"But you didn't." Leo raised his eyebrows.

"Still, people make rumors." I shrugged.

Leo seemed a bit disappointed before he nodded," Okay then. See you there." He said, a hint of coldness behind it. I raised my eyebrows questionably as he walked away.