Chapter 30

<30 chapters. 10.76K views. I never thought my story would be enough for this many people to read it. I get comments saying "Update!" & "Update please this is so good!". other authors would get annoyed by this but it is honestly the best thing ever. you guys actually care about this story. tysm>

I wake up curled in a ball on the nursery bench. Maeve is still sleeping sound, and it's only 3:00 AM. I scoop Maeve up gently enough so she doesn't stir, and unlock the nursery door. I try to push it open but it won't budge. I push a little harder, still nothing. I sigh, lay Maeve back down, and shove my shoulder into the door. The force suddenly disappears, and I fall through the door.

Right into Tobias.

"Tris, I didn't mean that at all, I was frustrated..." he sounds sincere, and maybe I'm overreacting.

"Look, I'm just going to go for a walk." I push past him and leave the apartment. I slam the door and lean against it, silent tears slipping down my cheeks.

I'm overreacting. I'm being selfish. I don't even know what I want. Do I want another one? This is the time where he's supposed to open the door, not letting me go. Telling me that I need to hear him out. Or is this the time where he needs to leave me alone, letting me think this out? I'm too young for this shit. All of it. I should not be having to handle husband problems and baby problems. I should be able to do what I want and go to parties and not have all this shit to deal with.

I let out an ear-piercing, frustrated scream and slide my back down the door, wrapping my arms around my knees. I feel the door push against my spine... Tobias. He's worried about me. Of course.

No. I will not get lost in his eyes and let him kiss me and let myself melt into his chest. I need to figure this out alone, without his distraction.

I get up and run. I ignore the door opening and him screaming my name. I just run as far and as fast as I can. I need to get away from everything.

After what seems like an eternity of running, I find myself alone in a dark, abandoned hallway. I lean against the wall, my shoulder blades feeling the sting of the cold stone through my shirt. I take deep, labored breaths, my eyes closed.

What is happening to me?