Chapter 5

I wake up and immediately find Tobias staring down at me. He smiles and I laugh. He lays down on the bed next to me. We both lay on our backs and stare at the ceiling.

"We're getting married," I whisper.

"Yeah," He chuckles. "We are."

I look down at the ring on my finger, it's simple, but perfect. It's a thin silver band with a single diamond in the center. On the back, the numbers "4&6" are engraved on the back.

"You like it?"

I sit up. "Are you kidding me? It's perfect! I love it!" He laughs, a relief laugh I think. I kiss him, and the memories of last night flood back to me. I pull back and smile. We, Tobias and I, have a deeper connection then I've ever have with anyone. We're intertwined in a way I've never imagined. It feels good to know I'm that close to someone. Tobias kisses under my jaw and moves his lips to my three ravens. I sigh against his ear and his hands rest on my hipbones. "What are people going to think?" I whisper.

"What?"

I pull away. "I'm only 19 and you're 21. And we're getting married. And what if we start a family? I'll be like 21 and-" I'm trying not to cry now.

"Tris." He envelopes me in a warm hug. "It doesn't matter what people think. We love each other. That's all that matters. We don't have to start a family yet. We have time. Okay?"

"Okay."

He kisses my hair. "So... when?"

I sniffle and wipe my eyes. Then smile as I look into his bold, blue eyes. "What?"

"When should we get married?"

"Oh," I giggle, still wrapped in his arms. "There's no rush, right?" It's summer now, it'll take a while to plan, and I really don't want a winter wedding.

"Of course not."

"I say next spring." I'll be 20 then, and Tobias will be 22.

"Perfect."

"Well, I'm going to tell Uriah, Will, and Chris. And visit Meredith." Meredith does event planning in Dauntless. I beam and kiss his cheek.

"I love you." He squeezes my hand.

"I love you, too."

<><><>

"Christina!" I knock on her door excitedly.

"What?" I laugh as shuffles to the door sporting her morning glow.

I say nothing, just show her my left hand.

She wakes up immediately. "Beatrice Prior!! Oh my god!! Ahhhhh!" She throws her arms around me. "I swear to god, Four better watch his step now. He hurts you and I will-"

"Chris!" I laugh. "Calm down."

"I'm so excited for you!"

"Thanks. I'm going to tell Uri. I'm assuming you'll slip something to Will so..."

She smiles and I turn down the hallway.