“Welcome to your new home, Savannah,” Rayna said with a dorkish grin. I smiled and slowly tried to digest it all. Rayna was definitely creative; her walls were decorated in a very classic and chic way. Photographs were plastered everywhere. Her side of the room looked so... Tumblr. That was the only way I knew how to describe it. It looked right off either Tumblr or WeHeartIt.com.

            “Your room is so chic,” I smiled.

            “If you like it, I could replica some of it onto your side. Thank god you’re not goth,” she expressed her relief. I laughed.

            I unpacked my stuff. The dorm wasn’t all that bad. We each got our own walk-in-closet which I thought was unnecessary and excessive, but Rayna claims it’s just the bare minimum.

            “Come on, I can’t wait until dinner. Why didn’t you go to school before this?” Rayna pestered.

            “My life really isn’t that interesting,” I insisted warily.

            She picked up the hint and dropped it. She took out a huge glossy box and smiled devilishly, “We’re going to do your nails.”

            “Uh, no thanks,” I stared at my nails. They were bitten, my cuticles were horribly taken care of and safe to say they were a pathetic excuse for a girl.

            “Come on!” She whined, “No story time, so nails!”

            Reluctantly, I sat on my study chair and rolled over to her table.

            “So... I thought of maybe just a simple colour for tonight?”

            I sighed, “Rayna, I really don’t even want to do this.”

            She grabbed my right hand and gasped, “Oh. My. Gosh, your nails are horrible!”

            I shrugged, “Never really bothered I guess.”

            “Start bothering. I’ll fix you up. This is going to take awhile,” she grinned as she blasted some classic Paramore on her iPhone dock.

            “So no time for nail polish huh?” I grinned.

            She rolled her eyes, “Not this weekend then. You’re no fun.”

            I smiled. Maybe boarding school wasn’t that horrible after all. Maybe school wasn’t so bad after all. My left fist clenched at the thought of school and my mother. I tossed aside the negativity. It wasn’t something I could change anyway.

            “We’re going to the restaurant on campus. What’re you going to wear?” Rayna yelled from her closet.

            “Uh, I’m lazy to do laundry. I’ll just wear what I’m wearing, I guess,” I replied as I arranged my books onto my bookshelf.

            “At least wear a dress. Come on, this is your first social event!” She exclaimed.

            “Actually, I had my share of socialising in my old life,” I said.

            “First school social event,” she corrected herself.

            I groaned, “I don’t think I have anything up to your standards.”

            “Come on, we’re around the same size. I’ll let you borrow my stuff for now. We’ll go shopping next weekend,” she tugged my hand and dragged me into her closet.