[15] - Syrup Village Arc ~ 7

Start from the beginning

"He's got rubber arms of death!"

"Jango!" Kuro yells.

"Sir!" Jango turns his attention to his captain.

"I can handle the woman and boy. You take care of Miss Kaya like we planned." The blades of his Cat Claws ring as he places his hands together, showing the extent of his precision with the weapons. "Have her write her butler into her will . . .Then kill her. As for the kids; They're an eyesore. Eliminate them."

Jango begins to walk up the slope to carry out Kuro's orders, but is stopped short by Zoro holding out one of his swords blocking his way.

"Stop right there." He says. "You want to get to them, you'll have to make it through me first."

"Butchie!" Jango calls. I can hear the fat cat man's growls from the start of the slope along with a loud crash that's decimating the pathway and the heightened cliff sides along with it. Butchie's interference allows Jango to walk right by the ongoing fight. Zoro, be careful.

"That guy . . .he's crazy." Usopp trembles. "Oh no, Kaya! KAYA!"

Said young woman is too shocked to move. Her eyes wide in terror.

"UUUUSSSOOOOOOOPPPP PIIIIIRAAAAAAATTTESSS!" Usopp suddenly shouts gathering everyone's attention.

"Yes, sir?" The trio of kids reply. They sit themselves next to Kaya.

"I need you to listen carefully." Usopp begins.

"Look, we're not running." Carrot objects.

"Not after they did this to you." Peppers argues.

"We will avenge you." Onion declares.

"Protect Kaya." Usopp instructs. "Do as I say. Don't argue with me. I'm giving you the most important task there is right now. It's absolutely critical that you succeed. Take Kaya and get away from here. You must keep her safe. This is the reason we want to be pirates: To protect what's dear to us. So do as I and run!" He cries. "Now go. That's a direct order!"

"Yes, Captain!" The trio shouts together. They quickly urge Kaya to follow them, but because of her weakened state she's a bit sluggish.

"Don't worry, Usopp. He can't kill them if he can't catch them." I reassure. He gives me a questioning look.

"Richie! You know what to do!" I shout. The lion in question pounces from his position, leaving ChouChou and Tito to guard Nami's treasure, rushes past Kuro and his hypnotist and throws the three kids and Kaya on his back and takes them off into the forest. "Good luck trying to get to them now." I taunt. 'Now I can fight without having to worry.'

Kuro growls. "You insolent brat!"

"A brat, am I? That's funny because I'm not the one throwing a tantrum here." I mock.

"Jango." Kuro calmly, but sternly states.

"Yeah. Sorry, I was gawking." The hypnotist replies. "Those fools. Do they really think they could escape me?" He says to himself rather than anyone else and is immediately met with a pachinko ball shot to his back, courtesy of Usopp.

Said young man chuckles. "Gotcha." He mutters quietly.

Jango growls in annoyance and anger. "Damn you!"

"He's not a priority right now!" Kuro bellows.

Jango grumbles but complies with his captain's orders and goes after Kaya and the boys. "Yes, sir."

I allow him to pass me by, knowing full well Richie will do his job in protecting Kaya and the boys and tear Jango to ribbons if he has to.

"Their attempt at escape is futile, even with the help of your precious pet, girl." Kuro comments. "We know all too well how weak Kaya is. The added stress will force her to slow even with the help of your wild cat. There is no way they can possibly escape Jango. Now, if you want to help her go ahead. But first, you'll have to get off this hill alive, Usopp." His gaze sharpens. "Butchie!"