[8] - Orange Town Arc ~ 5

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Nami! You either drop the treasure or get out here before Buggy wakes up! He's not gonna be too happy about someone stealing his treasure!" I advise her.

"No way am I dropping the money and leaving. Why would I leave my treasure behind?" She shouts back at me.

Buggy growls and is able to lift his head up to face Nami from his place on the ground. "Did you just call it your treasure?"

"That's right, you heard me! I'm a thief who steals from pirates, and I just stole a lot of treasure from a really annoying one! So that makes this my treasure now, understand!"

"Ah . . .that makes sense!" Luffy says.

💥Idiot.💥 Trigger, Tito, Umi, and Richie facepalm.

"Yeah, but he's our idiot." I voice.

"THAT'S PURE NONSENSE! THAT'S MY TREASURE AND JUST BECAUSE YOU STOLE IT FROM ME DOESN'T MAKE IT YOURS YOU DIRTY SNEAKY THIEF!" Buggy was extremely pissed off now. "Honestly! Where did your parents teach you?!"

Nami blankly stares at Buggy. "A criminal trying to lecture another criminal? Ridiculous." She smirks.

"What's that?!"

"Whatever. The day I take a morality lesson from you is the day I stop being a thief." She mocks and sticks her tongue at the clown captain.

Buggy was now shaking in a rage. "I hope you're ready for the consequences. Now here comes Chop-Chop . . .FESTIVAL!" Buggy splits his body into even more pieces all at once.

"I'd like to see you try and save your friend from me now, Gum-Gum!" Buggy boasts.

"Damn it! He broke up into smaller pieces!" Luffy looks down to see Buggy's feet walking away, not flying around like the rest of his body parts. I can see from the look on his face that he's got an idea.

"I'll look after Nami! You can still finish off Buggy, but will you allow me a few hit Luffy?" I request.

He grins while taking Buggy's foot out of his boot. "Sure, as long as I'm the one who gets to send him flying."

"Done." With my incredible speed, I waste no time at all catching up to Buggy before he can even get close to Nami. I use my seaweed whip and lasso Buggy's knives out of his hands and kick his severed head a good distance away, then move to stand in a protective stance in front of Nami.

"Why you . . ." Buggy grunts.

"You won't lay a single hand on her, as long as I'm here." I give him a smug look. Nami looks shocked to see me protecting her.

All of a sudden, he starts laughing. I see Luffy tickling the clown's bare foot. Then Buggy has a seriously pained look on his face. Luffy's pinching and pulling the skin atop his foot. And lastly, Buggy screams loud and in absolute pain. Luffy slams Buggy's foot into the ground toes first.

"Damn it! Knock it off!" Buggy orders.

"No, you knock it off!" Nami shouts as she swings the bag of treasure to hit Buggy in the face.

"Wait, Nami! Don't–" But my warning came too late. Buggy lets out a low chuckle and his floating hands have gotten ahold of the sack of treasure.

"Thanks for giving me back my treasure, Nami."

"Let go!" She tries to shake off Buggy's hands from the bag.

"You let go! This is my treasure, so get your grubby hands off it! Just give me back my treasure!"

I turn to see Luffy discard Buggy's foot, run up to Buggy and kick him right in the face. "I already told you, you haven't finished dealing with me yet!" Luffy's kick also manages to knock away the treasure bag along with Buggy's face. But now since Buggy's been knocked out all of his scattered body parts have stopped flying around.