chapter 19

jack
2:11pm
i sat back in my desk chair, frustrated and ran my hands through my hair. tali had been weird ever since she came back from visiting johnson, i couldn't help but think he did something. he wouldn't, he's helped her through things i couldn't help her with. i guess this one hit her really hard.

she sat up from the couch and yawned, my girl is so cute. there was a knock on my door and she opened it, i had ordered food for the both of us so hopefully it's that. she grabbed a bag and it was full of to go boxes, she walked over and put the food down in front of us. she put her phone down next to it.

talia
2:11pm
i grabbed my box of food and took the seat right in front of jack. i had a slight headache from not eating but it'll be alright. i grabbed a fork and began to eat my burrito bowl, jack looked at me and smiled. my phone screen turned on with two text notifications. jack had seen them before me.

"the fuck is this?" he grabbed my phone showing me the message.

johnson: can we talk please.
johnson: i'm sorry tals, i didn't mean to.

i tried to make it seem like i had no clue but i had to straight up lie to my fucking boyfriend because i kissed his best friend.

"he had said something that personally offended me when we were talking about my argument with sammy." i straight up lied.
"oh, do you want some of my food? i don't know if i like it."
he mumbled with his mouth full of food. i shook my head and continued eating my burrito bowl.

"what did johnson say?"
"i don't want to talk about it."
"what did johnson say?" gilisnky repeated.
"i said-"
"if it's bothering you, then you should talk about it." jack said raising his voice.

his hands banged on the desk, glaring at me. i was startled but i didn't like the way he was acting.

"are you going to tell me? i'm tired of listening to you and sammy bicker. it's really that easy, just forgive him then the bullshit would stop."
"it's not that easy jack."
"uh huh, you are always so simple with everything. so simple that everyone can see right through you. aubrey had told me things about you i didn't know. like in high school when you used to flirt with all the seniors. or just last year, you slept around with a lot of guys to get closure on your parents abandoning you. she saw you sleeping with mr. mendes, how come i didn't know about that? huh? i thought we were supposed to tell each other everything."

"you believe the shit aubrey says but can't take any of the words i'm saying? jack she's saying that to get in your fucking head! she's jealous of you being my boyfriend for fucks sake! have you ever seen her with a guy i haven't dated or talked to? shit jack, it's like you can't trust me! i had problems too that i had to go through alone or with sammy by my side! when you had a girlfriend junior and half of senior year, remember when you ditched me for her because she said i was bad news. you believed every fucking thing she said. then i had my own things going on such as my fucking parents abandoning me!" my voice cracked.

"then it's simple, what did johnson say." he growled.
"why do you wanna know."
"because you're my fucking girlfriend alright!" he yelled so loud david and katherine could probably hear us from down the hall.
"i'm starting to regret it."
"you don't mean that. you don't-" he groaned about to pulled out his hair.

"why don't you trust me?"
"because you're mine! you're fucking mine, nobody else's. nobody else can have you! i've waited so long to have you. i can't have you taken away from me." this argument was beginning to be pointless, i was on the verge of walking out.
"jack."
"no, get out." he growled.

i had no hesitation and grabbed my stuff, walking out the door as he called my name to apologize again. i bumped into someone in front of me as i walked.
"talia? what are you doing walking out without jack?"
katherine took both my hands in hers, she could tell i was hurt.
"we got in an argument." i sniffled.
"come on, spend the rest of the day with me. it'll help you forget everything that happened."

she let go of my hands and engulfed me in a hug, as we pulled away we made our way to the elevators. i wasn't expecting to spend the rest of my day with katherine after arguing with jack. i sighed, what's going to happen next.