Chapter Nine

Oh, look an actual chapter!

Oh and angst. Hopefully, it's enough angst cause I suck at writing angst or anything for that matter but that's what I'm trying to do.

~Alex's POV~

A few minutes into my walk without John, the sky started to get cloudy. It blocked out a lot of the sunshine, which was disappointing. I was kinda looking forward to my walk being nice and sunny.

Another few minutes later, however, a light mist and fog started surrounding me. My breathing hitched, but I didn't completely freak out.

Until it started pouring.

What seemed like buckets of rain started pouring down from the sky, and I quickly pulled my hood up. Looking around me desperately, my eyes watering, I looked for at least a temporary way out until someone could get me. I doubted John would, but maybe Hercules or Lafayette. Burr seemed to hate me though, and after my argument with Hercules and Lafayette, I didn't think they would come for me. Peggy might, but I did walk out on her, too. Angelica was at work, and Jefferson I didn't even want to talk to. It's not like I had his number, anyways. But Eliza might. Eliza seemed like a nice cinnamon roll.

I ran under a bus stop and pulled out my phone, pulling up Eliza's contact information that I had gotten from Hercules. I called her number and waited for less than half a ring before Eliza picked up the phone. By now, tears were streaming down my face, but they weren't very visible because I was drenched in water.

"Hello?" I heard her say from the other side of the phone, but I couldn't respond. I was just hyperventilating into the phone. "Alex, where are you?" She asked.

"B... bus stop," I weakly replied. "Louis Ave."

"Alex, that's down the street from our houses!" She said, but in the background, I could hear keys jingling.

"P-please some soon..." I said and hung up. Less than a minute later, her and Peggy's car came driving up to me and I jumped in.

"Thank you so much," I said, shivering and sobbing as I closed the door and we started driving off.

"No problem," Eliza said. "But why were you out here in the rain anyway?"

"Sunny, didn't know," I said between sobs. After I said that, she parked next to my house and she had to carry me in because I refused to walk out in the rain.

"A-" Hercules started to scream, but he was cut off by Eliza pushing her finger to his mouth while I ran to my room to change and lie down. But a huge surprise was waiting for me there.

"John?" I said, and he turned his head around to face me while he closed my computer screen. MY computer screen. "Why were you on my computer?" I asked weakly, looking up at him while he stood up and walked over to me.

"Where were you?!" he asked me as I walked over to my drawers. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt and started sobbing more every time more thunder and lightning would crack. I got changed behind the door and emerged before answering.

"Y-you know exactly where I was," I retorted, laying down on my bed and hiding my face in my pillow, whispering "Ohmigod" over and over again. I sat up again, unable to stay still, and started rocking back and forth, wringing my hands nervously while sobbing through "Ohmigod"s.

"Lexi, why didn't you come back sooner?" John clarified, and I broke down into sobs. He ran over to me and hugged me, cradling me in his arms. Burr tried to walk in the room but once he saw what was happening, he walked away and closed the door on his way out.

"Scared..." was all I said, and I sobbed into John's shirt. There was that damn nickname again, but I ignored it. Thunder and lightning cracked again, and I let out a strained scream.

"Shhh.... It'll be all right," John said, rubbing my back lightly.

"Wh-why were you on my laptop?" I asked him again, and he shook his head.

"That's not important right now. All that's important is that you are back, safe and sound," John said, obviously trying to avoid the subject.

"John..." I said warningly, tears still streaming down my face.

"Okay, fine. I was looking at your google docs to see what you wrote 'cause you always seem to be writing."

"John!" I yelled and jumped off him. He read what I wrote? Please tell me he didn't read the one with all the questions.

"And... I read the one from earlier. The one with all the questions."

"John, that wasn't meant for any eyes except my own! How could you do this?" I yelled, and I yelped as thunder roared again, making me fly back into his arms.

"Alex, we'll talk about it after the storm. For right now, just sleep," John said, and I listened. I was too tired and scared to argue with him right now anyway. After a few minutes of whimpering, John put earbuds in my ears and I quickly fell asleep to the sound of musicals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohoo! After like, a month, I finally finished this nice, short chapter. That's bad, isn't it? Anyway, I'm gonna try and start updating every Friday and sometimes Tuesday, if I have a long enough chapter so yeah, let's see if I can get enough into another chapter in by Friday. that'll be fun 'cause I have no idea where I'm going after this...