The Death Eaters

Not Mine!!!!

-------------------------------------------

As soon as everyone was ready and the babies were dressed in their nice white gowns, everyone got into the ministry cars Arthur had provided for them. They were exceptionally comfortable and Dumbledore made a point of getting stuck right in beside Harry.

‘Now Albus, you can come with us adults.’ Molly said.

‘No, its fine, dear Molly.’ he said. ‘I am quite happy to ride with these fine youngsters. Get in then, Harry.’

Dumbledore beckoned Harry to be the first one in the car and then stopped Ginny from getting in beside him. ‘I hope you don’t mind Ginny, but I am terribly tired and I think I need to sit down immediately.’

‘Oh…of course, professor.’

‘Thank you.’ Dumbledore said and climbed into the car and settled himself beside Harry.

‘Well Harry, my boy! How do you think of being a godfather?’

‘Erm…I dunno. Proud, I suppose.’ Harry said, awkwardly.

‘Ah yes! Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, you know.’

‘Um…’

‘Yes, in fact, many believe it is the worst deadly sin.’

‘Oh…well…’

‘But I believe it is good to be proud if you are deserving of it, and I think you are deserving of pride on this day.’

‘Er…yeah…’

‘I see you are a little uncomfortable sitting here, Harry.’

‘No…I'm not uncomfortable at all. These cars are really snug!’ Harry said, hoping that the headmaster would fall for his innocence act.

‘Harry!’ Dumbledore chuckled. ‘I hope you aren’t trying to hoodwink me! Remember the last people who tried that! They grew magnificent beards!’ then he leaned into Harry and whispered. ‘I actually was jealous of those beards. I don’t think mine was ever as fine as those!’

Harry laughed at this, remembering Fred and George with those really long beards, but Ron shot him a dirty look.

Harry made a mental note to ‘accidentally’ kill Ron.

When they arrived at the church Harry got out and joined Ginny, who was holding Rhiannon. 

‘Ginny, I hope you don’t mind but I am going to kill your brother.’

‘Harry, you will make up in a few days time, if not few hours!’ she scowled.

‘I really don’t think we will, unless he apologises.’

‘Oh Harry, stop being so childish.’ she said. ‘You are best friends and you will make up. Now come on, Remus is calling us.’

Harry walked a step behind Ginny, now annoyed at her. This was turning into a pretty shit day, but he still walked up to Remus with the biggest smile he could muster, spread across his face.

‘Well boss, ready for the big moment?’ he said.

‘Yep! You?’

‘Yeah, I'm fine. Don’t have to do much, do I?’

‘I don’t know. I haven’t been to a christening since yours. And I don’t have very good memory, especially since you were born close to a full moon.’

‘Hmmm. I hope I don’t have to do much.’

‘Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.’ Tonks said, overhearing the conversation. ‘Both of you.’ she added, seeing Ginny.

Harry followed everyone into the church and sat at the front between Ginny and Hermione. The priest started the ceremony, to which Harry paid very little attention to. He wasn’t in a very good mood with either Ron or Ginny but when it was time for him to go up to the Alter for Rhiannon to be christened. He and Ginny said everything they were supposed to and Rhiannon didn’t cry once. He thought it went very well, until Ron and Hermione got up for Sirius to be christened. He wouldn’t stop wriggling and crying and Ron forgot what to say several times. Hermione was looking thoroughly embarrassed and Ron's ears were redder than Harry had ever seen them. Harry contemplated sniggering but Ginny seemed to read his mind and she shot him a very warning look. 

Harry watched as Ron's ears got redder and redder and Sirius’ screams got louder and louder. Harry thought he saw tears in Hermione's eyes and he felt immensely sorry for her. He tried to wish the ceremony to go faster for Hermione's sake.

Then he heard a loud bang and everyone turned to face the door. It had been blown off the hinges and several death eaters were standing at the entrance.

Harry uttered a shield charms around the two babies and stood up, his wand in his hand.

‘Oh look, itty baby Potter is standing up to us!’ taunted Bellatrix Lestrange. Harry always got these taunts. They didn’t bother him.

‘Hi Bella.’ he smiled.

‘Shut up, Potter.’ he heard a familiar voice. Its presence startled him, but he got his cool back quickly.

‘Lucius? Out already? It was a quick visit.’

‘Yes, Potter. The dark lord is much smarter than you lot think.’

‘I doubt it.’ Harry smirked. ‘So, why are you here? To get beat again?’

‘Oh no, Potter.’ Malfoy sneered. ‘I admit, we’ve made mistakes in the past, but this time, we’re ready.’

‘Yeah, alright. But why are you here?

‘Same as always, Potter. We’ve come to fetch you.’

‘Well you might as well turn around and leave now. I'm not coming.’

‘And who is going to stop us taking you?’

‘Well, there’s me and all the people around me here.’ At this Dumbledore stood up.

He smiled as he saw Lucius Malfoy stagger backwards. ‘Didn’t see me, did you, Lucius?’

‘Yes, course I did. You don’t scare me, you know.’

‘Of course I don’t.’

‘I mean it.’

‘Of course. Now, could you possibly leave, we are trying to hold a religious ceremony and you are disturbing us.’

‘Do you think I care about stupid, pointless muggle traditions?’ Lucius shouted. 

Harry looked at the priest, who was already in shock with a group of people dressed in black robes, brandishing wooden sticks and talking in non existence words like ‘muggle’. 

He looked even more appalled that someone had called his whole life ‘stupid’ and ‘pointless’. Harry could see him mustering all his courage and puffing his chest out.

‘Excuse me, you hooded man! I think you should leave right now, or I shall…I shall… I shall call the police!’

The death eaters looked at each other for a minute and then burst into a fit of laughter. 

One particularly tall person at the back kept slapping his knee and shouting, ‘HAHA! POLICE!’

When the priest saw them do this, he looked worried for a moment, and then decided to try again.

‘Look, even if you aren’t afraid of police, I don’t think that God will be happy about this. You will have to pay for it in the afterlife!’

Lucius chuckled for a moment before pointing his wand and uttering, ‘Stupefy.’ he turned to Harry, ‘you can come with us now or we’ll bring you forcefully.’

‘You can try,’ Harry said and pointed his wand at Lucius, ‘Petrificus Totalus!’

Lucius dodged the spell but it hit one of the other death eaters.

Ginny and Hermione passed the twins to Molly and they and Ron rushed to Harry's side. They, along with Remus, Tonks and Dumbledore shot spells in all directions. Arthur had been rushed out of the church through the back entrance, along with Molly and the babies. He was, after all, the minister.