I am eighteen and I know it's a normal thing to do but I have always wanted to wait until I found the right guy, I think tonight is the night though. I mean, why wait any longer?

I was lost in my thoughts as Ashley rambled on about a new guy she met the other night and I glanced up and realized we were pulling into our driveway. That always freaks me out, when you drive without even thinking and you don't even realize how you got to your destination.

As I put my car in park, I had to take a double take at the glossy black car next to mine on the left side of our narrow driveway; it must be vintage. It looks pretty cool.

"Guess he got here early." She shrugs but I see a smile taking over her face.

"Are you two close? Why is he coming here?" I ask curiously.

"Aiden is his own thing, we are as close as he will let me be. You'll see what I'm talking about. He's coming here because he doesn't want to go home."

"Why? I love your mom! She was so funny that time she came to visit and brought us both fuzzy pajamas and made us have a full-on girls night, like a middle school throwback. Braided hair and all!" I laugh at the memory.

She looks at me uneasily. "Look, don't say anything because it's a sore subject but that's not his mom. He lives with our dad, sort of. If you can even call him a dad." She says sadly. "But he's all Aiden has, He's been at university for four years. He hasn't been back home since; he's looking for his own place so he's staying here until then. Shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks." She shrugs.

"Your dad!? The asshole that left you?" I say astonished.

"Yeah, me and Aiden are half-siblings. I don't really want to get into all of that. Just please don't bring it up." She smiles at me as we step out of the car.

"Yeah, of course, I wouldn't." I smile at her reassuringly.

My thoughts go toward the little things I know about her dad. He left her at a young age and isn't involved in her life at all. I just assumed her and Aiden were full siblings. She doesn't talk too much about her childhood.

I put my key through the lock and step inside. I walk towards the kitchen to grab a drink. My feet are moving towards the fridge and that's when I see him. Leaned against the counter with his elbows on the bar top. I can't help but stare for a moment as I take in the thin material of his t-shirt that shows the dark tattooed skin underneath.

He looks up at me and his green eyes pierce into mine, I begin to blush, but I can't pull my eyes away. A cough interrupts my thoughts and I look over to see Ash looking in between us.

I would assume they would hug because he's been gone for so long, but she just waves at him.

"Hey, Aiden." She says with a smile.

"Hey, Ash." His voice is deep and takes up all the space in our tiny kitchen. He makes his way over to her in a few long strides. He is tall, so tall. I have to look away to keep from gawking. I don't know what is wrong with me. I shake my head to clear my mind.

I see Ashley's eyes pan across the countertop, my eyes follow to where hers land and I see a tool-bag laid out. "What's this?" She ask Aiden and a small smile creeps up his face. Dimples.

He shrugs as he closes it up. " When I got here I used the key you left me to get inside. I went to wash my hands but the hot water didn't work so I fixed it."

Ashley's smile is evident and so is mine. The tap on our hot water has been broken since we moved in but we've been too broke to fix it. We both thank him and his eyes pan over to me, his gaze travels up and down my body before Ashley speaks up.