2

“gold jewelry shining so bright, strawberry champagne on ice”

.

Zoë Williams sneaked out of their huge tudor-style mansion in the middle of the night to meet her friends when she's sure that her parents were already fast asleep.

Without thinking twice, she pushed her windows open, climbed down the pipes and land gently onto the ground with a smirk.

Zoë pulled the keys of her red Aston Martin out of her Gucci purse and made her way to their garage. Tonight, Justin Roux threw the biggest back to school bash.

"How exciting," she muttered to herself, pure sarcasm laced in her voice. She didn't really like parties that much but since all her friends will be there, she should be there too. What Zoë hated the most was to be outrun by others but nonetheless, tonight would also be a good time to show them that the bitch is back. I'll own that hell of a party. She thought to herself.

The party was already in full swing as she parked her car a few blocks away from the contemporary mansion of the Roux's for the whole street was now packed with Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Even from there, the blaring music coming from the party could be heard though she wasn't even a little bit surprised that there's no one complaining to the police about the noise level of house parties. Why? Because it's coming from the Roux Household. Justin Roux's father was a senator and her mom's an A-list Hollywood celebrity. That's the perks of being famous and powerful.

A few kids lingered out in the circular driveway of the Roux's where they are either smoking or making-out, too much for Zoë's liking. She passed by them in disgust as she entered the house.

With her pretty head held high, her red bottoms clicking, and her luscious blonde hair cascading around her like a form of a blanket, she weaved her way through the living room while a lot of wannabes greeted her and praised her trying to be on her good grace. It took a lot of self-control to stop herself from rolling her eyes and saying rude remarks so instead, she just smiled at them and greeted as many as she can bear.

At last, after constantly pushing her way through the drunken crowd and couples shamelessly making out in public, she's already at the once elegant but now thrashed living room where the smell of hard liquors and sweet champagnes mixed in the air. The mansion of the Roux was decorated with the usual things. Expensive couches, glass tables from France, million-dollar worth of paintings hanged at the white walls and the likes.

"Zoë! Over here!" Tamara Moreau shouted while she stood at the white velvet couch with the whole bottle of Dom Pérignon swinging on her left hand.

Zoë rolled her eyes at her and walked towards her at the couch where the rest of the group sat.

Tamara gave her a hug which she ended quickly for she can't stand the smell of Tamara's strong perfume reeking through her body.

"So glad you could make it! I thought for a second that you wouldn't come!" Tamara said in a high-pitch tone.

"Why wouldn't I?" Zoë said as she looked around before landing her eyes at Paige who nonchalantly sat at the couch while holding a glass of champagne in her hand.

"Uh, wait here for a moment. I'm just gonna look for Khalil," Tamara said and winked before disappearing into the sea of people. Zoë just nodded.

"Paige," She said so softly that it barely reached Paige's ear and flashed a smile.

Paige took a quick look at her that barely last a second. "Oh. Hey, Zoë. Didn't know you're back in the city. Welcome back," Said Paige in a bored tone as she picked on her Swarovski embedded nails which irritates Zoë.

Bitch. Zoë thought to herself and mentally rolled her eyes.

Zoë forced a smile. "Yeah, thanks. And oh! Have you heard about what happened to—"

"I don't know anything about it! I didn't do anything, okay?! " Paige said defensively, cutting Zoë off.

Zoë pulled her eyebrows together, completely taken aback by Paige's sudden outrage. "What are you talking about?" She said, her tone suspicious, "Look, what I'm just trying to say was that did you know Alessandra dropped out of school because her parents can't afford the school's tuition anymore? Gosh!" Zoë said and rolled her eyes at Paige.

"What?" Paige's muttered before she heaved a sigh and bit her lower lip. "Oh. Yeah, I heard my mom talking about that to her friends," She said and took a sip of her champagne with a constipated look on her face.

"What the?!" Zoë squeaked when she felt a cold liquid seething through her Versace rose gold sequin chain choker mini dress.

"Oops?" Tamara said emerging from the crowd while biting her lower lip to prevent herself from laughing. It was she who gave everyone within a 5 ft. radius a sizzling shower of champagne.

"Seriously, Tamara?" Zoë cried as she glared at her.

"What a fun party," Paige muttered, pure apathy dripping in her every word as she walks out of the scene and made her way towards the bar stool.

"What's her problem? She's getting into my nerves tonight. Geez!" Zoë asked while tucking her hair in her ears.

"I know, right?" Tamara giggled and took a swig of the champagne in her hand. "I mean, she's been acting a little bit weird lately. Dunno what's gotten into her. " Tamara shrugged.

"Hm, wait! Do you think their business is falling into bankruptcy, yeah?" Zoë pushed the topic further while a mischievous glint was visible in her eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous! Of course not!" Tamara laughed at the idea while shaking her head.

"No?" Zoë asked and frowned.

"Yup but enough of Paige! Let's go to where the boys are!" Tamara said and dragged Zoë where the real party happens.

I'm gonna find out what you're hiding, Paige. Zoë thought to herself and a smile so wicked took over her lips.