1

"not enough time and not enough lies"

.

Paige Fontaine glared at the greek salad she was having for brunch before forcefully shoving a mouthful of tomatoes and onions in her mouth. She could almost moan in pleasure as soon as the food hit her tongue. Last night, she helped herself to a lavish dinner which was one of the rare moments she actually enjoyed eating but one comment on her Instagram photo that says she looks fat made her force herself to vomit all the food she ate that night which results to a sleepless night and a growling stomach.

Her phone then vibrated so she grabbed it from the table and saw a text from Justin saying he would be throwing a party later. Paige just sighed before she started to scroll on her Instagram account with an almost 5 million followers when she came across Zoë's photo in Bali, Indonesia wearing an Eres Alliages Tungstène bandeau bikini. With an envious look that was caused by Zoë's starved-thin waist, she pushed her plate away from her, deciding she had enough.

After a moment, she quietly left the huge but rather empty dining hall. She was about to make her way up to her room when she heard her mother and her amigas talking in soft voices at the fancy living room. Her heart started to beat out of her chest and her hands are shaking. What are they talking about? Do they know what I've done? She thought. Since that day, her conscience started to eat her alive. She then listened very keenly to their whispers only to find out that they are talking about the bankruptcy of Mr. O'connor's multi-million gas business. With a sigh of relief and an eye roll, she continued to climb their grand foyer staircase.

In the posh neighborhood of Upper East Side where some of the most influential and wealthy families of the state reside and of course, the filthy rich kids with their daddy's checkbook to save the day, rumors surely travels fast. From Mr. Scott's mistress to Mrs. Adams bleach blonde, the rumors were passed from one fraudulent red painted lips to another. Blabbing is one vital aspect for housewives who don't know what to do with their overflowing time besides shopping and pampering themselves so as their last resort, they indulge in the art of gossiping.

As soon as Paige entered her spacious room, she slumped onto the soft, nude pink carpet-covered floor, sparkly tears threatened to fall down on her rosy, blemish-free cheeks but she quickly wiped it away. No one knows about it, Paige. Don't stress yourself too much. It's all in the past now. She told herself. It's done and it's paid. Daddy already fixed things out. In the world that she currently lives in, there's nothing money can't solve. What's the point of being rich if you can't make yourself exempted by the law?

With a heavy heart and a bothered conscience, she got up from the unlady-like sitting position she was in and head to the bathroom. Tomorrow would be the start of a new school year in Wurtzberry preparatory school. She thought to herself. It is the most prestigious exclusive school in the Upper East Side where only the wealthy have the chance of being admitted in. It would be the day she would turn herself in, once more, in the devil's pit.

All her life complications started the moment her parents decided to move here in New York when they are doing just fine in London.

But looking around her, Paige cannot make herself mad at her parents for they have given her everything - they lived in a six hundred thousand square foot Victorian mansion with infinity pool. She had an en suite with a 27" TileVision waterproof mirror TV above her own jacuzzi bath and a GROHE  rainshower. She had luxury cars. She had a walk-in closet full of designer clothes, handbags, and shoes, set of jewelry, and a black card. And to top it all, she's the heiress to the billion-dollar and highest ranking publishing empire- because she knew for a fact that she was a nightmare daughter but her parents still shower her with money so who is she to complain, right?

But all these luxurious isn't new to her as these became more of a norm than being the source of indulgence because she thought she deserves all those things because basically, everyone she knew had those too.

After splashing her face with some cold water from the sink, she looked at the mirror. "Everything will be alright," She muttered to herself.

. . . or so she thought.