Chapter 18 - Lost Magic, Farewells and Memories

"Here it is..." Duststorm whispers, everyone immediately coming over to where he was. "This Book is like a Diary, recorded by someone who had witnessed the wrath of the Dark Spirit with it's first Possessed. You'll never believe WHO."

'The tyranny of the Dark Spirit has been a terrible disaster... one of the worst since the War with the Ancient Avian Race. When this thing had taken over someone... it was someone who isn't of this world. Someone... of a world we believed a myth. One only spoken of in legends and myth... Earth World. This Rider was brought here by his dragon, and they possess immense power... and now it is being used by the Dark Spirit to wreak havoc. Are all Earth Worlders this powerful? Or is he only drawing on power from his dragon? However the case, he was almost impossible to defeat. It cost us many good people and dragons to take the Spirit out of poor man's body... and he was... elderly. Such power in an elderly being of Kelekonia is impossible, but he's of Earth World... The man died of being exhausted and drained, his dragon still lived.'

"That's horrible! A dragon living on without their Rider... that can't be good for the dragons mental and physical health..."

'The Dark Spirit was too strong to beat, so we had to seal it... hoping it would lose strength and pass away. And we used Soul Magic to do it. It cost us a Team of Elites who were present at the Battle, ones with sufficient magic power to seal the Spirit away in the Wastelands. Two of them lost their dragons in the Battle, and the Earth Worlder's dragon assisted them as well. The sad part is that the two who lost their dragons... they had twins to take care of. All I know are their names... Bridgette and Lance.'

"No WAY! OUR Bridgette and Lance?!"

'Their parents had a foster carer in place to take care of the toddlers, two dragons in two separate locations. The Wildclaw couple, and their Team, were also close to... my son's Team. The father to the twins was the closest to my son, he was his foster father of sorts... and his mentor. He did not want him to die saving Kelekonia... it must've broken his heart. He and one of his teammates snuck away and followed them to the Wastelands, he lost his eye when a monster attacked them. He lies about it, says it was an arrow. I didn't want him and his friend to know... but they always have a terrible knack to get themselves into trouble. My son and his friend returned home without the Team, and he told me about what had happened... but all he saw in the end was a flash of light... the Soul Seal Spell. It's powerful magic using the life energy of the casters to seal away the Dark Spirit. If it were to ever reawaken... the following spell will do the trick...' 

"The spell we need!" Roxy grabs one of the many random objects in her satchel, paper, quill and ink, and begins writing down the spell. "This is it! We can SAVE Soren!" 

"Hang on... it says more..."

'If someone uses this spell... it will only need one person. And the Spirit has to possess someone for it to work. It will save the one Possessed, as well as end the Dark Spirit. It's Soul Magic. It will kill the caster. If a Rider were to use it, life afterward will be unbearable for the dragon, and the other way around as well... Do not use unless you are prepared to lose your life. Forget the spell entirely if you successfully cast it... as you should with any trace of Soul Magic.

- Neil Sullivan...'

 "Could it be Alexander's father who wrote this?!" Nathan says, wide-eyed. "Could the Spirit have been telling the truth? The Headmaster is Alexander's real father?" 

"We'll figure that part out later. LOOK!" Gray yelps, pointing outside.

Figures were approaching the Rebellions... and they weren't dragons. 

"The Dark Spirit's Monsters..." 

"WE HAVE TO HURRY!"

----------------------------------------------------------------