Chapter 17 - Two Down, the Rest's a Problem

It was five against a REBELLION. And the entire force of the Rebellion couldn't defeat just one dragon... no Team could! Ryan's Family, his ENTIRE family, separated him from Fireworks, Sky and Soren with great difficulty. 

As for Fireworks... he had successfully, and almost taken them out entirely, had taken out the Avian Allies all on his own. All of them, not just the foursome. 

Sky and Duststorm laid down as a ruined heap on the ground, half buried and/or feeling half alive. 

So that left Soren unattended to... but not for long. The entire class came and surrounded the boy, all of them worn-out from fighting and over use of magic. This was a fight for the Riders... because Fireworks wasn't going to let Soren take them all out himself. 

"Soren. I know... your in there... Snap out of it!" Nathan yells at his emotionless face. "Come on! Stop this... please. Your hurting the people you care about!" 

"I do not care for you people." he says, calmly and unfazed. He held out a hand, and chanted, causing a wind burst to erupt from his hand. Arcane and Wind Magic were at his disposal. "Leave my sight." and it turns into a powerful whip and sends them flying into a random dragon.

They all screamed or shouted in defiance, or a last attempt at a protest. Nathan, Gray, Kent, and Roxy oriented the Class with their Arcane Magic when they fell from the sky after slamming into a dragon. 

"Thanks for the save."

"Everyone!" Nathan yells to the group. "We must unite together to defeat our friend! We can free him, but we must defeat him first!" he begins to rally their attention, as his own Team nod. "Soren may be a powerful magic user alone, but with the combined force of all of us together... we can SURELY turn the tide of this battle!" 

"And you won't be alone!" three voices call from above... and down drops Bridgette, Lance and Summer. "We're all with you!" Lance grins, turning to his friend. "COME ON! LET'S DO THIS!"

They all cheered in chorus, spirits and morale raised with confidence. 

"TAKE. HIM. DOWN!" Nathan points at the boy. 

"NO MERCY SOREN!" Lance yells as he boosts his speed to slip on mud. "COME ON!" 

-----------------------------------------------

"Ryan's magical power is intensely boosted by the Dark Spirit. He's not going to run out until that Spirit does." 

The families who managed to single out the fox, were almost entirely defeated already. If they weren't... those left were badly wounded. Alexander, Riley, and Victoria were the last ones standing. Talia, Felicia, and their dragons... as well as the rest of the members in their family, were defeated with several waves of fire.

Ryan's untapped power only made him much more dangerous to his family... they held back.

"Little brother! Don't DO this!" Victoria yowled, barely shielding herself from one of her little brother's intense wave of flames.

"Alexander!" Amelia screams in horror, as her husband was almost swept up in blue flames... but then another red-head knocks the smaller one into a brittle building's wall.

"RILEY!" they scream. 

"I'm fine! Fine!" he groans, steam and smoke rising from the extinguishing building. Riley's water magic. "I got Ryan dad!" and he pulled the groaning fox out of the building.

"Ryan!" and all his conscious or able to stand family ran right over.

The boy wearily opened... one golden eye and weakly groaned before smiling. They all sighed in relief, and Riley ruffled Ryan's sooty hair.