Chapter 8 - Teasing the Riders

(Author Note: I realized that Sparktail was female but for some of this for some reason I typed her as a boy... ignore it! Sparktail's female.)

Ryan is planning to telling his friends and class at school, and he is also planning a script to explain all this to his parents... Soren and the others are gathering their homework papers.

School....

"Oh. My. GOD."

"What the-"

"NO ONE USES PROFANITY IN MY CLASSROOM!!!" Marine yowls, as if she hasn't noticed Ryan's ears and tail yet. Then she notices them. "Umm Ryan... what are those?" She points at the ears and tail.

"His ears and tail." Lance explains in four words, as he and Soren enter the classroom. Bridgette already entered. Ryan nodded, and he looks up at Marine, who is death-staring him.

"Am I in trouble?" Ryan whimpers to Soren, who gulps and nods. "GREAT."

"Ooookaaaay... anyways... everyone... OKAY I CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS! RYAN WHEN THE WORLD YOU GET A FREAKING TAIL?! Not mention EARS!" Now Marine is on the BRINK of use of profanity (swearing).

"Can we PUH-lease get on with class Marine?" Bridgette seemingly decides to whine. Soren frowns but nods in agreement. "I mean yeah, Ryan's got a tail and ears. BIG DEAL!" Soren nods again. Marine unhappily agrees to.

Time-Lapse... Break-Time, also known as Lunch.

As soon as Ryan is spotted by one person, he soon finds himself surrounded by a crowd of people. Some are horrified at his new appearance, others are in awe, some are just surprised, and many others are pointing and whispering at him. All expected. Fireworks scowled a million times in just one minute at all of these people, the other dragons stood up for Ryan too, even Yin. The other Riders soon found an empty table to sit at, and immediately Bridgette struck up a conversation. Ryan was half listening, half tuning in to what people were whispering about him... which was annoying. Fireworks located all of them and swatted them to shut them up, their dragons were cake-walk to shut up too. He scowled at anyone who would mock his beloved Rider, soon enough he located someone who wasn't at all trying to be rude... and expectedly, it was Summer and Sparktail, and they were coming over to the table to talk.

"HIYA! Remember me? Summer! And remember Sparktail?" Summer is grinning, she popped up behind Ryan, and he jumped in surprise. Sparktail and Fireworks burst out laughing with Bridgette and Lance. Ryan frowns at all of them. Soren just seems to be sleeping. "So umm... regarding before... with all the staring at you Ryan... sorry. It was surprising that's all!"

"Totally cool Summer! You should've seen Lance and Bridgette's reactions. Well... Duststorm and Yin didn't really react. Soren was cool with it immediately."

"Everyone says your group may vote him as leader!" She grins, sitting down next to him. Soren moans.

"Yeah! I know I would!"

"You two gonna blather like love-birds?" Bridgette grins, mischievously trying to provoke them. They gawp at her, mentally screaming
'WE'RE NOT IN LOVE!' when Lance buts in and says...

"Says the girl who called dibs on the ONLY next door room to SOREN! OOH your so in love with him!" Summer and Ryan explode in whoops to match their dragons, Duststorm and Sky's cheers. Bridgette is as red as a rose, Soren was too and he punched Lance. "WHAT?! SHE IS! COME ON DUDE!" He says in his defense, raising hands in surrender. Ryan and Summer and laughing their heads off with their dragons, Duststorm and Sky fainted from lack of oxygen while laughing theirs off. Yin is silent, but she's grinning behind her Riders back.

"YEAH! GET WRECKED GIRL! YOU CAN'T CALL US LOVEBIRDS WHEN YOUR IN LOVE WITH A BOY YOURSELF! HAHA!" Summer whoops, and Ryan cheers, pumping his fists into the air. Lance is running from Bridgette's angry cries of rage, while laughing, tripping, falling, jumping, wobbling around hilariously around school... students watching all the while. Some dragons and students looked over at their table, where Ryan and Summer were still laughing hysterically with their dragons, and where Sky and Duststorm were unconscious. Soren and Yin had bolted after Bridgette to make sure she didn't kill Lance.

"Are you guys alright?" Marine comes over and is worried about the group of friends. Sky and Duststorm regain consciousness and nod, smiling. Summer can't get straight words out, Ryan was trying to breathe without laughing/giggling, Sparktail and Fireworks high-fived flaming tailtips.

"We're good Marine!" The two fire dragons beam. Soon enough Lance came back screaming in terrified joy from Bridgette, with Soren and Yin in close walking pursuit.

"My word your Group is crazy... AWESOME! What'd you do to make HER so angry," points at Bridgette "Him red as roses," points at Soren "And you guys laughing louder than hyenas and monkeys put together?"

"Oh you'll LOVE this!"

And Summer explains the entire thing in broad detail, and to end up laughing again at the end, with Marine as well this time. When Soren comes back, and Sky explains what happened this time to him... he groans in the agony of it all.

Time-Lapse... Summer is now hanging with Ryan and his Team now, because her own aren't really motivated or willing anymore to let her back with them in their spare time... also the house grew an extra room next to Ryan's... :3

"So where are you staying Summer? You got a place to live in town?" Sky asks, as she is immediately fond of her. Sparktail and Fireworks were clubbed by Crescendo and Duststorm, Crescendo was fed up with their constant laughing and Duststorm just wanted to walk home in quiet.... laughing free for once.

"Ryan knows where! He and my dad are friends! Same team too! Right?"

"Yeah! Summer doesn't live nearby though, and father doesn't live with his team anymore."

"I haven't seen your father before... what's he like?" Soren is curious, as his father was back in his world... while Soren was in Kelekonia.

"Oh THAT'S easy! Ryan's an almost exact DUPLICATE of his father! Mini-me! So are your older siblings, right?" Summer grins, slinging an arm around Ryan's shoulders.

"Uh yeah! We are."x

They really DO make for an adorable couple! Sky grins at Sparktail and Fireworks, who nod and grin back at her. Gotta admit Bridgette WAS right about that!