33. OFFICE, BLAST AND DEVASTATION

Start from the beginning

XENIA'S POV:

As soon as Xander drops me, I walk inside the building to see the employees shocked and happy at the same time.

I call for an urgent meeting to inform them about the basics like how I will be handling the company and a few changes in the policies of our business.

My day was spent catching up to the work and ongoing business processes and contracts with some other organizations.

Almost half hour after the lunch break, a strong wave of nausea hit me and I threw up all the contents of my stomach. I should seriously start packing lunches.

By the time I was done, it was already six thirty in the evening. Xander called me during noon informing me about my car that was brought to the office by the driver and sent the keys to my cabin.

I reached the parking lot where only one car was parked which was mine and opened my bag to find the keys.

I pressed the keys to unlock the car and opened the back door to place the folders I had to go through tonight along with my bag.

A second later I closed the door, a deafeningly loud sound and something like a strong force struck, sending me flying to the ground almost ten feet apart from where my car was parked.

I looked up to see my car lit on fire. It was a blast, someone planted bomb in my car. I was too numb to move even a muscle.

I sat there for I don't know how long before I finally gathered the remaining strength and stood up. My phone was lying a couple of meters away from me.

I picked it up to see the screen broken but it still worked. My breathing was extremely shallow and body shaky.

There was no serious injury just small cuts and bruises. I frowned as a thought struck me.

Where is the security guard?

I turned around and walked a little farther when I spotted two dead bodies lying in a corner. Bile rose up to my throat but I swallowed it down.

I neared them and something caught my eye, a paper ball.

I picked it up and it had a few stains of dry blood. Unfolding it, my eyes widened when I read what was written.

If you're reading this, it means you're not dead. YET. Honestly, it wasn't even my hundred percent intention to kill you, just yet. I know you have my sister, you bring her back to me before I do something you'll regret even more. You know how I get when I want something.

P.S I know who you're living with. ;)

I read it once again before blinking and steadying my self by taking the support from the wall.

I then unlocked my phone and dialed Leo. He picked up after three rings.

"Hey crime partner, what's up? When are you coming over?" he asked.

"Leo, where are you?" I couldn't recognize my voice when it came out.

"I'm heading home, at east line street right now. Are you okay?" he asked worryingly.

"Come to my office, immediately. I'm in the parking lot." I said and hung up.

He came after ten minutes and was utterly shocked at the surprise that awaited him.

"Oh my God, Xenia. Are you alright?" he asked rushing to my side and embracing me tightly.

He then pulled away quickly and checked my body for any injuries but there wasn't any.