Grindelwald

I felt anger boil up inside of me as I glared at my soon to be ex best friend.

"Watch your tone." He growled out.

"Go fuck yourself!" I snapped as I turned and left the room.

It was a very childish thing in my part to get mad at him, but I couldn't help it. How can you be with someone for ten years and forget their birthday. I had thought that my friendship with him was going good, but since he started this fight he has spent little to no time with me. I know I'm not his wife or his lover, but I thought being his friend meant something.

I let out a sigh as I slammed the door to my room shut and grabbed my suitcase.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked.

"Home.... I can't stand to be here anymore." I said softly.

"Grindelwald won't like you leaving." She said softly.

"I don't care, to hell with him and his future." I said as I slammed my suitcase closed.

I picked it up and after grabbing a coat and hat I left the house. I didn't have to worry about him seeing me leave, because he was always in his study planning the next attack. When I was far enough away I looked for a payphone. I dialed a number and quietly waited for a reply.

"Hello?" A voice said.

"Aberforth.... it's (y/n)... I want to come home." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"Where are you, I'm coming to get you?"

"Paris... I'm in Paris." I whispered.

It wasn't long before he arrived and he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry brother!" I exclaimed through tears.

"Let's get you home." He whispered as he kissed my forehead.

It wasn't long before he apparated is home and he put my suitcase away. I set in a chair and watched as he made some tea.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he set in front of me.

"Like a idiot.... how could I be so stupid... I knew he was using me and I... and I let him." I said as I felt tears stream down my face.

"He has a way of changing people. He did it to Albus and he made sure to do it to you." He said softly.

I let out a sigh and pulled my legs up to my chest.

"I loved him.... was that.. all an illusion?" I asked softly.

"Yes." He said as he nodded his head.

I soon finished my tea and went straight to bed. Dreams of Grindelwald plagued my mind all through the night and I finally decided to go on a walk. I soon made it to the road to Hogwarts and let out a sigh.

"Late night?" A voice asked.

My eyes went wide and I quickly turned to see Grindelwald behind me.

"How did you-"

"Please, you always run to Aberfoth. Did you really think you could hide from me?" He asked as he walked towards me.

"No, but couldn't hurt to try." I said softly.

"(Y/n), you know you can leave whenever you want... you don't have to run."

"Then why follow me?"

"Because I don't want you to leave.... I... I don't want to fulfill my dream without you beside me." He said as he let out a sigh.

"I'm not Albus.... I'm not a powerful wizard or witch... I'm just me."

"Why would you think being Albus mattered?"

"Because.... you and him where so close and then.... then Ariana."

"I didn't kill her. I never used a killing spell... I wouldn't of done that to you." He said softly.

I looked at the ground and he gently moved my head to look at him.

"I have only saw Albus as a brother."

"And me as a friend... I know."

"I see you as so much more." He whispered.

I looked at him shocked and before I could say anything his lips where on mine in a slow and gentle kiss.

"Take me home." I whispered against his lips.

He sent me a smile and with a flick of his want we were back in Paris.