30.

a/n: just a disclaimer for this chapter; there will be use of substance. read at your own risk.

G R A C E

"Oh, please don't go
I want you so
I can't let go
For I lose control"

The party had been going on for at least an hour. Nancy and Jonathan were nowhere to be found and the last time I saw Steve, he was so drunk that he almost fell into the pool. I had found a quiet place somewhere on a couch. A place from where I could see everything and everybody. I hadn't seen anybody that was worthy of striking a conversation with.

Just as I wanted to take a sip of my cup, I realized it was empty. I decided to head over to the kitchen to get some water. The two beers I had weren't making me feel any better and I didn't want to put more alcohol into my body. The kitchen was surprisingly empty, apart from two people that were making a grilled cheese. I quickly filled the glass with water before stepping out.

"Grace?" a voice said. I looked up to see the familiar green eyes.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked. Peter ran a hand through his blonde hair. It had gotten a lot longer, but he shaved the sides completely short. He was dressed in a grey shirt and his usual jeans.

"Partying, of course." he smiled. He took a sip of whatever was in his cup. I nodded and looked down. I saw he looked at my cup. "Are you drinking pure vodka, or what?"

"Oh, no it is water," I answered. The last time I had seen Peter, was at school. It was the day he tried to kiss me. We hadn't talked about it ever since it happened, but I realized that I didn't want any bad blood between us. I had enough drama with Billy and I couldn't handle anymore. "Hey, about the other day,"

"Yea, I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have done that," he immediately apologized. I gave him a small smile.

"It's okay, really. Let's just forget it and be friends, alright?" I proposed. I held out my hand for him to shake. Different emotions were all over his face. I could never read what was going on in Peter's head, but I chose to just ignore it.

"Sure," he shook my hand and smiled. "You want a real drink?"

I nodded and he disappeared into the kitchen. From afar I saw Nancy and Jonathan stumbling back into the living room. They were laughing together about a joke one of them made, which made me smile. I hadn't expected them to be so good together when I first spotted them together, but they made a great team.

After a few minutes, Peter came back and handed me a cup. It looked like rum and coke, something I usually drank when we were still together. When I sipped it, my guess was right. He hadn't forgotten about it and that made me think that he might have cared more about me than I thought. Nancy and Jonathan joined us, greeting Peter.

"What is that?" Nancy asked, pointing to my cup.

"It's rum and coke. Wanna try?" I asked. She nodded and wanted to grab the cup from me, but Peter grabbed her wrist and made her stop.

"This drink is just for Grace," he commented. I raised my eyebrows at him while Nancy gave him a confused look. "I made it just like I used to, it's special."

Nancy rolled her eyes and walked to the kitchen to get herself another drink. I sipped mine while I watched Jonathan and Peter talk. They seem to have an interesting conversation – again two people I would've never imagined talking to each other. Although Peter was a socializer, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.