[2] - Shells Town Arc ~ 1

Start from the beginning

"Roronoa Zoro?" I hum to myself. "I still feel like I know that name from somewhere. I've been on so many adventures that it's sometimes hard to place names to all the people I've met over the years. Can any of you guys recall anything?" I look toward my animal friends for any remembrance.

"Sorry, (First Name). I got nothing for ya." Ahio replies.

"Me neither." His sister says.

I lay back against my boat's comfort chair and let out a sigh. "Oh, well. We'll figure it out soon enough."

"Are you crazy, Miss (First Name)?!" Coby leans from his boat and yells in your face. "This is the man who's sliced up his bounties like an animal bent on carnage! A bloodthirsty beast! He's been called nothing less than a living, breathing, demon in human form!"

His terrified tone of voice did nothing to deter me. I calmly look up at him from my spot, feet still in the water hatch in the deck of my boat steering us to our destination. "Tell me, Coby. What have you heard about me?"

"Huh?" His look of terror changes to a look of puzzlement. "You mean you as the 'Seafaring Siren'?"

"Yes. Don't worry, I won't take offence or be angry in anything you say."

"Well, at this point it's hard to decipher what's really fact and what's speculation. Not much is truly known about you. The 'Seafaring Siren' is one of the most dangerous pirates currently sailing the seas. She's brought down Marine warships by bending the ocean to her will. Even the creatures that live in it will obey her every word. She's beaten Marine Admirals and has even been rumored to pick fights with all forms of the World Government. She's also been known to have monstrous animal companions that fight like nothing the world has ever seen. No one's ever seen her face because of a hooded cloak she wears. The only thing the Marines have to identify her aside from her fish appendages, cloak and ability to manipulate water is the white crescent moon shaped sword and seaweed whip she sometimes uses in fights. But even though her face remains unseen to this day, people say how dangerous she is equivalent to her charm. And actually seeing you in person right now, I can't say I disagree." He looks away as he says that with a heavy blush on his face.

To be completely honest, I didn't expect a compliment like that from meek, little Coby. "Oh, you're still quite the little charmer." I gave him a little peck on the cheek and pat his head, which made his blush even worse. "Now you see, Coby, I've been through a lot. I've traveled through each region of the Blue Sea. I have faced real demons of the ocean. So believe me when I say that this 'Roronoa Zoro' will have nothing on me. Kay?"

"You know, I'm not sure whether I feel relieved or scared to say that I actually believe you."

"I'll leave the decision up to you." I smile back at him.

☠🏴‍☠️️☠

It was in the afternoon when we had finally docked ships in Shells Town.

"We're here!" Luffy yells. "The Marine base city!" 

 "The Marine base city!"