Chapter 69. New Journey | (Edited)

Taylor Graves.
Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Chapter 69. New Journey.

We pull up into the driveway of our new home here in Scranton. It took us a couple of hours of driving to get here but it was definitely worth it.

In just a few days I start my new job that the hospital, I already have the main stuff done for the house making sure that the room were put together, having a living set put in, all the dishes and a new kitchen table.

This house has 4 bedrooms in it. Master bedroom along with a master bathroom with it, Matthew's bedroom, Camila's nursery, and guest bedroom that has a bathroom with it as well, and also a third bathroom & whenever I have company staying with me and making to have the groceries in the house.

My babysitter Hannah, who Corey and I hired awhile back actually lives in Scranton and she was thrilled to be back home and I was happy that she's still with us.

⚜️

"Do you like our new home, buddy?" I ask Matthew as we took a break from unpacking and I noticed that it was getting late.

"I like it but it's not just home yet." Matthew answers.

"I know but we have to give it time to make it feel like home." I said and kiss his forehead.

"Why didn't daddy come with us?" Matthew ask.

"Well buddy, daddy wanted other things but he's gonna come by and see you and your sister." I answer.

It was hard to not tell him that his father and I are going through a divorce.

I can see the sadness in his eyes. Pittsburgh was his home, Pittsburgh was Camila's home and Pittsburgh was my home at one point giving time.

Matthew nods and hugs me. His hugs, his smile, his little smirk, his laugh, his giggles, his silliness is was gets me through the day.

"You look like you needed a hug mommy." He says making me smile.

"Thank you buddy." I said and kiss his cheek.

"Why don't you get ready for bed and I will be in to tuck you in?" I subjected as he went to his room.

I got up and went to his bedroom as I walk in seeing him under the covers. I walk over and tucking him in, "Good night buddy." I said and kiss his forehead.

"Good night mommy. I love you." He says.

"I love you too buddy, sleep tight." I say as I turned off his lamp and walking out shutting his door but keeping it open a little.

I walk into Camila's nursery and seeing that she's still asleep.

Then I walk into my bedroom and the candle that was already lit was on the nightstand. I laid down and began to think.

Why did this happen to me?

Why couldn't this be somebody?

Can I move quickly like he did?

Can I do this all by myself?

Can I be the single parent and raise both my of kids without thinking about that past?

I just wanna live in freedom before getting involved with somebody new and I'm afraid to do so.

A tear roll down my cheek as I leaned over to blow out the candle and then laid in the dark. I have to be strong for my kids, I can't keep thinking about that past but all I need is some help along the way through this journey.

 I have to be strong for my kids, I can't keep thinking about that past but all I need is some help along the way through this journey

A/N: Sorry this short, I'm trying to come up with new ideas so bare with me on this. The picture above is Taylor and the kids new home.