Chapter 7 W-E-I-R-D , that's just weird.

Start from the beginning

"I guess you're right . I've never thought about it like that before... maybe I have been a little hard on him , I can't just expect him to fall back into his old routine... Thanks . I really needed to hear that. You're the best Sav." I said giving her a hug,  just as the ding of the microwave sounds,  indicating that our scones were  warmed up.

"I know. Now let's eat !" Sav says as I just shake my head in disapproval as she starts to stuff her face with scones.

****
It's 7:30 and Aiden would be here any minute to pick me up for our date.  To say that I'm nervous,  would be an understatement.  This is my actual , real,  first date , ever ! And I'm kind of freaking out. Okay , a lot actually.

I've changed my hair and shoes atleast three times already ! And that's not even counting the amount of times I've spent time in the bathroom re-brushing my teeth after every snack , drink or breath. 

Is this a little too much ? Maybe.

Am I expecting a little too much out of tonight?  Possibly.

But is this totally normal for my first date ? Most likely.

So why am I worrying so much? 

I check my watch - seeing I have just about enough time to spray some perfume for the last time before he gets here - as I rush up the stairs , trying not to bounce all the curls from my hair while doing so.

Quickly grabbing my perfume from my vanity I hear the sound of the doorbell sound through the house as my heart started beating out of my chest.

This is it.

I took a calming breath , composed myself and made my way downstairs . Walking down the stairs slowly while my arm draped down the railing,  entering the room like someone from the movies.

The room fell quiet as I felt like I was waking in slow motion as all eyes fell on me. Yet , the only one that matterd was Aiden. He was the only one I saw.

A smile spread across my face as I saw the one on his , showing off his dimples. This moment is perfect.

As I made my way down the last step , my dad took my hand as I laced my arm with his.

"Thanks. " I whisperd to him as he let me go , and I made my way to Aiden's side.

"You look Beautiful Amaya." He said with a smile as a light blush crept up my cheeks making them a warm glow.

"Thanks." I replied shyly as my dad spoke up.

"Have her home by curfew and the two of you have fun. But not too fun mister,  I may be a pastor but don't underestimate my power when it comes to my daughter. " dad said as I could feel Aiden tense beside me.

"Okay dad. Love ya!" I said quickly,  placing a kiss on his cheek and leaving before he scared my date even more.

"Good night sir." Aiden simply said as he followed quickly  behind me.

He can say what he wanted,  but he was shaking in his boots when he got into the car. He was deathly afraid of my dad.

My dad. The big ol' softy who couldn't even hurt a fly ! By now he must know that my dad's all talk when it comes to these type of things . It's simply just ... overprotective fatherlyness. That's all.

As we arrived at the restaurant he jogged over to my side , opening my door for me as I blushed at the kind gesture of courtesy. 

I mean , he didn't HAVE to do that and I certainly don't expect him to do it every time, but it sure was nice to be treated this way,  even if it was just a one time thing.

We then made our way to the restaurant,  taking our seats as we waited on the waiter to collect our orders.

"You really DO look Beautiful Amaya. Absolutely breathtaking. " he repeated his previous words to me , and this time I actully had the courage to reply with a ;

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I said with a smile to which he returned.

The waiter arrived shortly thereafter,  taking our orders and in a blink of an eye was gone again.

"So , tell me about yourself?" Aiden said , breaking the silence between us.

"Sure. What do you want to know ?"

"Anything. " he said as I for one didn't know WHERE to start. What's too much ? What's too personal ? Where do one even begin to talk about themself ?

I fiddled with my hands in my lap as I thought on how and what to answer , while he sat across from me expectantly waiting on my answer.

Gosh, I wish he doesn't find this weird...

That's it ! Am I little bad for ending it here?  Probably. Is the next chapter going to be epic ? I hope so ! Okay this answering my own questions thing is getting weird when I'm not Amaya 😂 but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter remember to let me know in the comment section below. Until next time,  keep howling my wolves ❤🐺