Part Thirteen

Sleeping was far from my mind and body, all night I was restless. I only thought about what Kyra had told me. If I was the goddess what would it feel like? Knowing that I controled something that kept us alive and shone light on the humans and us.

Just thinking about it made my heart race. I looked at Dimitri, he was sleeping quietly. I smiled and stood up. I moved away queitly. My stomach growled loudly and I made sure no one woke. With a sigh I ran into the woods, I should be fine the hunters were human and had to rest, plus they can not see as we can.

Looking around I searched for anything to settle my empty stomach. I would bring back food as well, sunrise was very close. Walking I kept a look out for any food and humans. The sky began to stain a color of reds and pinks as the sun began to rise. I picked up the pace and continued to search. Eventually I found a very large deer, male from the large antleers.

Wiggling my tail in the air, I jumped out and grabbed the deer by the hind. He bucked and I dug deeper. It collapsed and I hopped ontop and quickly bit into its neck to kill it quickly. He wiggled a little longer but stopped a few moments later. Unclenching my jaw slightly, I began to drag our breakfast back to the others.

I reached them and I let go. Instantly after I changed forms I was pulled into a tight hug. I stared at Dimitri in alarm." Dont ever do that again!" He yelled. I flinched and looked away from him.

"Im sorry, I didnt mean to upset you." I said.

"I know, but I was scared, when I woke up and I didnt see you. I was about to look for you just as soon as you came." He said putting his head into the crook of my neck.

"Im sorry, please dont be mad. I was hungry, and I thought to bring food for everyone else." I said," I wont do it again."

"Next time wake me, I will go with you." He said kissing me quickly. He kissed me harshly, and I just fell into it. When he pulled away my lips stung slightly. Starring at him I noticed bags under his eyes. He hasn't been sleeping very well. "Alright let's eat."

Nodding I changed again to help drag it over. I then began to rip pieces off for the pups. Then came the others, there was just enough for one left and there was four of us left. Alaric, Gabe, Dimitri and me. I ripped the part into three and gave it to them.

'No, Seera you need to eat.' I heard Alaric say.' us males should let you eat.'

'Dont be ridiculous. I am not the one who protects the pack you three are. You need your energy, it's not much but it will at least help with something.' I said and picked his piece up and shoved it towards him.

'Seera, its wrong, if im supposed to protect you then this is part of what i have to do.' Alaric answered pushing me back with his head. 

'Take it dammit! I do not need your family worried about you. I will be fine eat.' I said and shoved back. He starred at me his blues eyes starring at the piece of meat in my mouth. He huffed and took it gently. He started to take small bites and i smiled. 'Thank you.'

'I would rather you have it but, your as stubborn as Gretel.' He said. i laughed. I walked over and gave Gabe his piece. He looked as if he would say something but i growled causing him to not say a word. I then went to Dimitri. 

'Here, eat.' I said. He shook his head and i dropped it in front of him. 'I said eat.' 

'No you eat it, I will not let my mate starve.' He answered. I sighed and leaned into him. He nuzzled my neck.

'Dimitri you have to, you're the Alpha you have to protect us. I need you to eat, keep your strength I will be fine just as I told Alaric.' I said licking his face.